cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal note length on SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extended classic scenario  SRM 7.01 (recent upgrade)

ECC 6.05

Users are reporting that the length of the internal note in a SC is now 132 characters when it used to be longer.   I find it difficult to believe that the length of the field changed (this is SAP standard - nothing we've customized).   So I have a few questions:

1)  What table is the internal note text stored in so I can look at the length of the field and perhaps even find some older POs that have have more than 132 characters. 

2)  What else might control the field length?   Is this something that portal settings might control?

3)  How many characters are you allowed to enter in your system (looking for info from 7.0 and 7.01 systems)

Thanks

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

1. I reckon length of internal note has always been 132 characters .Pls go to SE11 and select Data    Type and give TDLINE to display.

Try  BBP_PD Transaction and scroll down for Long Texts to investigate your old and new carts and        POs.Here ,you ll find that if text length exceeds 132 char  a new line is created to store characters        from  133 and so on..

2.Dont think portal has any role here

are the users not able to enter more than 132 chars on Shopping cart?

Cheers

SB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How can i insert the Internal Note text into Offline Approval email ?

Thanks !

Madalin Negrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

I found OSS Note 1662702 - Longtext is truncated in some special cases    my guess is this will fix our issue. 

Thanks for your replies.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

We believe we have found the pattern - any of you experiencing this?   Any ideas what might be causing this?

text entered

1 - 132 characters  - works as expected

133 - 197 characters - it will truncate to 132 characters

198 - 264 characters  - it will keep all characters

265 - 329 characters - it will truncate to 264

and so on and so forth.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

You said it truncated means when transferring internal note to ECC system as PR or PO? Please clarify.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Could you please share screen shot? As Internal Note in SRM is not limited to 132 character. Please see below screen shot. I can enter as much as Internal Note text as i can.

Thank you

Ritesh