Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takes values from DA, Ts code ABSO, AB01 and F-90

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following configuration in transfer APC values:

Takes values from DA

DA- 01- IFRS local currency                                     00

DA- 03- IFRS revaluation in local currency                 00

DA- 32- IFRS group currency                                    01 (identical)

DA- 34- IFRS revaluation in group currency                03

Depreciation area 01 post on line

Depreciation area 03 does not post

Depreciation area 32 is parallel of DA 01

Depreciation area 34 does not post

All the depreciation areas are in USD. This is because I am in a global model in which the group currency is USD, and in this case the local currency is also USD. As we want to maintain the same structure, the group currency depreciation areas are also created.

The problem is when an acquisition is posted by Ts code AB01, ABCO or F-90 the system takes the value from DA 01 to DA 34, and I need in DA 34 the value is zero because it takes values from 03. For example,

Ts code F-90, Ts type 100, USD amount 200

The system posts 200 to depreciation area 01, 32 and 34, and zero to DA 03. As DA 34 takes values from 03 it should be also zero.

This does not happens with TS ABZON. In this case works ok.

This only happens in the the companies in which the local currency is the same as the group currency.

I have other chart of depreciation with the same configuration in which the local currency of the company is different than the group currency (USD), and I do not have this problem. Itn this case it posts zero to DA 03 and 34.

Any idea?

Thanks and regards,

Cecilia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishan,

Yes, this is the configuration.  We could set the depreciation area 03 with value 00 becuase of applying one note that was provides by sap in the past.

The sreenshot was attached, there are other areas which I was not mention before, because they do not have impact in DA 34.

Thanks and regards,

Cecilia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Need some more information.

Have you specified, for depreciation area 03, reference depreciation area as 00 or have you left it blank in OABC.? I am a bit confused as you are saying you have specified 00 but in screenshot it is blank.

Could you please let us know the SAP note you applied to specify reference depreciation area 00/blank for depreciation area 03.?

Could you please let us know the APC values posted (through AB01, ABCO or F-90) in Depreciation Area 03.?

If the APC value in Depreciation Area 03 is Zero, try selecting the check box for Identical values in OABC for Depreciation Area 34.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I left it in blank. When the DA is left in blank, then in a client in which customzing is not allowed to change appears 00. In the screen appears in blank because it was copied from a customizing client.

The note is 542837 (it is internally or in reworking).

The APC posted value in DA 03 through TS ABSO, AB01 or F-90 is zero.

I have already tried to set as identical, but it does work fine because with this setting when an asset master data was created the depreciation area 03 does not appear in the master data.

Thanks and regards,

Cecilia

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cecilia,

Did you tried doing identical for both 03 and 34 ? Please try and let us know.

Although if 01 and 03 are same, does it really make difference if area 34 take it value from 01 ?

Thanks,

Nishan

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishan,

Yes, I have already tried to set 03 an 34 as identical, but it did not work fine because with this setting when an asset master data was created the depreciation area 03 did not appear in the master data.

DA 03 is always in zero because is using in case we want to post an impairment. In case we want to post to DA 03, so also DA 34 we need to use a specific Ts type which only impacts in these areas.

Regards,

Cecilia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Please refer to SAP Note 1325061. It says that if any DA does not receive values from a reference DA, it will not appear in master data. This is the standard behavior of the system. The note also says that unexpected results may occur in some cases.

If you have set identical indicator and DA 03 is not appearing in master data, have you posted any values to DA 03 using Z-Asset Transaction Type which posts only to DA03.? What was the result in DA 03 and DA 34 after these postings.?

Also, you can check the following option.

If you wish to have the same values of DA 03 in DA 34, can you please check the possibility of maintaining same settings in OABC for DA 34 as those of DA 03.? i.e.Leaving reference depreciation area blank.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cecilia,

I may need to hold back on this, as I can't replicate the issue in my environment, so cant give you an appropriate answer.

Thanks,

Nishan Dev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cecilia,

Are you sure you transfer of APC Value - Tcode - OABC is configured like as you said ;

Takes values from DA 

DA- 01- IFRS local currency                                     00

DA- 03- IFRS revaluation in local currency                 00

DA- 32- IFRS group currency                                    01 (identical)

DA- 34- IFRS revaluation in group currency                03

Can you please check again, please also add the screen shot ?

thanks,

Nishan Dev