cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How or what populates Supplier field on Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hoping for guidance concerning Supplier field on Cart Item overview.

We are currently on SRM 7.01 classic scenario.

There is a supplier field which is always blank / None even when a preferred supplier is listed on cart & also after sourcing of cart.

You can view the assigned supplier from Related documents/details of backend PO.

I'm wondering why supplier field isn't populating.

Are we missing a note or configuration ?

We have a requirement to pull supplier into BW SC status report, looking for what field report should use to populate Supplier data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim:

Supplier are in the Partner area in BBP_PD transaction. It is Partner Function 19. If you double click that line it will show tables:

• CRMD_PARTNER table - here you can use the ADRR_NR field. To verify supplier information you can use ADRC table, enter the entry from ADRR_NR field; or
  • BUT000 table - use the Partner field to get the Supplier Number. To verify can use BBPV_BUPA_VENMAP table, enter the entry from Partner field.

Hope this help.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. I looked at bbp_pd for cart with follow on document & am seeing Partner function 19 on some but on others I'm only seeing following Partner function under Partner area.

00000016       Requester

00000020       Goods Recipien

00000075       Location

Any Idea why supplier (Partner function 19) is not on some when PO has been issued ?

based on data in our system it looks like we have the supplier/Partner Function 19 in bbp_pd and supplier displays on item over if it's a catalog order, but not for any non catalog orders.

Am I missing configuration concerning non catalog orders ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM Shopping carts can be created with out a source of supply. So in your case, the carts without supplier are created and then via sourcing are assigned a supplier and a PO is issued.

Now if you assign a Supplier via sourcing, it does not update the supplier in cart instead the supplier is only used in PO.

So for such carts you have to read the follow-on po and adopt the supplier from it for the BW report.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim:

I am guessing that the SC that missing PF 19 are the one that went to SOCO for sourcing. If that is the case you will not be able to have Partner Function 19. What we did in this case is enhance BW to get the Supplier from the PO in ECC and mapped it to the PO/SC number in SRM.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification. We will look at pulling supplier from ECC record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mike, we will be taking same approach.

Information has been very helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two supplier fields on Shopping cart:

1. Preferred Supplier (Partner function 00000039)

2. Fixed Vendor ( Partner function 00000019)

Field on the Item Overview table is mapped to Fixed Supplier. This is the reason it is blank for your carts.

To read the supplier access TABLE BBPD_PD_INDEX_I . It has entry per shopping cart item and look for entries with ipartner_fct eq '00000039'    or   ipartner_fct eq '00000019'

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil, Thanks for the helpful information.

We are looking to use the fixed vendor for our BW report. I'm minding issue I described in response to Mike.

If cart has supplier assigned based on catalog order I do find entry in TABLE BBPD_PD_INDEX_I, but for non catalog carts which have been sourced/ PO issued I am not finding an entry in TABLE BBPD_PD_INDEX_I for ipartner_fct.

Am I missing configuration for non catalog orders ??

Thanks in advance,

Kim