cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Issue with Decentralized WM setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I'm curious of anyone's recommendations for goods issuing an outbound delivery in a decentralized WM setup?

Normally these movements would be executed through iDoc. It situations where the iDoc transaction is lost, archived, etc. is there a recommendation to perform the goods receipt manually? Perhaps a separate transaction that can be isolated through security.

We are currently using WE19 to create an iDoc but that is not scalable.

Thanks of your input.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James ,

Kindly confirm is this is resolved.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James ,

Could you kindly guide me the current process which for outbound if any being followed in decentralized WM.

I think in  ERP  triggers can be placed for  automatic goods issue for delivery  based on shipment completion or Transfer order confirmation.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

unfortunately no, there is no transaction for it, neither in dec.LES nor in ERP.

As you know, also the in/outbound delivery itself is locked by distribution state "B" in ERP so VL02N will not work there.

You can write own code in ERP to update the distribution state and allow to edit the delivery again. Then you have to provide all the data from "missing" ...Delivery.ConfirmDecentral IDOC (qty, lot#,...,serial#) before you can post goods issue.

But this is definitely NOT the way to go.

Why are IDOCs lost? It is transactional data like the delivery itself. Do your system lose deliveries also?

If IDOCs archived ignoring the fact that they are not processed correct, the IDOC state customizing regarding archiving possible or not is wrong. A unprocessed IDOC is never archivable.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the goods issue in the delivery using VL02N transaction once the TO is confirmed, for more details refer below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ides/helpdata/en/bd/5c19b8dbb811d2a6f200104b57eaa3/content.htm

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay.

We are not using Transport Orders. I have read the documentation and it indicates a process to use VL02N if you also create a transport order.

Is there anything else that could trigger the outbound delivery to allow manual VL02N?