cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of Centralized SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are proposing to one of our clients to make our SLD centralized. To do this I would like to know:

What are the advantages of the centralized SLD?

Is it recommended by SAP ?

If there are any drawbacks, what are they?

We are using SAP PI 7.31 dual stack for our client. May be if anyone has a some documents related to same it would be of a great use to us.

Many thanks in advance for all the help and support.

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Have a look to this document about SLD:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14151

Regards,

Roberto

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>

We are proposing to one of our clients to make our SLD centralized. To do this I would like to know: What are the advantages of the centralized SLD?

isn't this a little bit too late ? you should be proposing something you know is good

and not propose and check later...

anyway have a look at blogs on SLD on sdn and you will know which approach is better and why

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for response.

>> isn't this a little bit too late ? you should be proposing something you know is good

and not propose and check later...

Our clients have swiched to PI from BC for some of the interfaces recently, so still we are in the verge of setting up PI landscape, so they are not much aware of PI so we are helping them to understand what are the benifits and options if we use a central SLD.

And yeah i am going through the blogs on SDN related to SLD. I just posted this query keeping in mind that if there are any strong points which may come out during the discussion here, on which i can supress more before the clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

If your SLD is centralized you can transport your ID objects to different systems.  If your using seperate SLD always you need to create the manual ID configuration in all systems.  Search in SDN you can get so many blogs.

thanks,

Satish.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>If your using seperate SLD always you need to create the manual ID configuration in all systems.

what do you mena by this ? if you have sync'ed SLDs it's the same as having one central and ID configuration can be done automatically every time - even if SLD's are not synced (assuming you create the same BSs)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk