cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deallocate capacity of resources - CTP

0 Kudos

In our plant. First we run MRP for supply all sales orders .

At this point, SCM creates pegging between sales orders and planning orders.

The next step, using the free capacity of ours resources. MRP try to cover the safety stock.

And works fine...

My question is:

Observing the timeline of planning orders.

The First PlOrd are using to Sales orders and PlOrd in future(2 months) are for SafetyStock.

If delete Sales Orders a plOrd will be delete too. Releasing capacity in the beginning of our resource.

Is there way to make SCM instead delete PlOrd from beginning, exclude a PlOrd from future(to supply Safety Stock)?

Thanks and best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

I don't really understand what you are saying.

If you are using CTP, then the sales order is pegged to the supply element.  If you cancel the sales order, and you are using immediate planning, with the standard CTP heuristic, the planned orders pegged to the sales order will be deleted.

If you want your Safety stock to be planned for a future date, then use the safety stock heuristic to place the safety stock requirement into the future.   /SAPAPO/AC08 > enter a value in the Offset field.

In this case, cancelling the Sales order should not affect the planned orders in the future that are supporting Safety Stock.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hello DB49..

"In this case, cancelling the Sales order should not affect the planned orders in the future that are supporting Safety Stock."

It's almost the idea!.

When i cancel the Sales Orders, we need SCM to verify all planned orders and deallocate from future to present. And not using only the pegging.

Best Regards.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Marcelo,
In case you want that deletion of sales order should not impact future planned orders which are pegged to safety stock requirement, then only pegging can fetch you desired results.
Why you are complicating this with deallocation of resource capacity.
Ex.
Required Delievry DateRequirement
Element
QuantityPegged
Reciept Element
15th JanSales Order 1100Planned order of quantity 100
15th FebSafety Stock Requirement200Planned order of quantity 200
So in this case if you delete sales order 1 then planned order of quantity 100 will be deleted, which is exactly meeting your requirement.
Hope this helps.
Rgds
Saurabh
0 Kudos

Saurabh.

I need the contrary..

When i delete the Sales Order 1, the quantity 100 still fixed at 15th jan and the order in future of 200 become to 100.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

When i cancel the Sales Orders, we need SCM to verify all planned orders and deallocate from future to present. And not using only the pegging.

This statement is quite vague, and additionally the underlying business requirement is unclear. 

In general, allocation/deallocation are part of capacity management and/or detailed scheduling.  The mere act of canceling a sales order does not normally perform any of these functions. 

Depending on the Planning Procedure used in the Product Master, a heuristic can automatically be executed based on an incoming event (such as a change in a sales order).  Commonly, such heuristics add or delete or change planned orders based upon the planning situation.  A custom heuristic could be created to do just about anything, limited only by the imagination of your programmers.

Best regards,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

As rightly mentioned by DB, custom heuristic can be a solution for this, but then you need a very efficient developer for doing this.

Or you can also explore some user exit like ATP controller for doing this.

One more question in case you want existing planned order assigned to sales order to stay in case you delete the sales order, then how are you planning to deal with that planned order which gets freed.

Rgds

Sourabh

0 Kudos

Hello DB and Saurabh.

Look these prints:

I was thinking about create a new heuristic. But the planning procedure don't have one event for Delete action, only for change.

Our scenary is too complex, this custom heuristic can generate a problem.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

But the planning procedure don't have one event for Delete action, only for change.

Well, in ERP sales orders are generally never deleted, only canceled.  However, a deletion of a sales order in ERP still is considered a change in APO; the 'Change in Sales Order' event is triggered.

Our scenario is too complex, this custom heuristic can generate a problem.

That is an understatement.  Any custom heuristic that you create will be non-standard.  For non-standard solutions, you cannot count on SAP to help you, you 'own' the solution.  Because of this, rigorous testing is required.  I would guess that you would have to test dozens of possible scenarios.   Once implemented, you then have to pray that the next implementation of a support pack or enhancement pack doesn't adversely affect your solution.

The main difference between your third diagram and your fifth diagram is that you are planning to build your safety stock a bit earlier.  Yet, you don't want seem to want safety stock requirements to be 'immediate'.  It is unclear to me why you would want to continue to devote manufacturing resources to build product during the same interval that was previously occupied by a planned order that had been pegged to a canceled sales order.  Most companies prefer to reallocate their resources to other products using the same resource, but that have concrete sales requirements. 

Anyhow, using standard functionality, if one's goal is to rearrange or otherwise close the gaps in capacity consumption, one would either use a scheduling heuristic or an optimizer.  However, I couldn't recommend either of these unless the underlying business requirements for this odd solution were more clear.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello All.

Are There ways to limit the horizon of ATP verification?

Using the scenery who i showed before.

My product is MTS and when we run MRP, creates one PlOrd at 19 April. For my example, 10000kg was planned.

If one Sales Order is inserted today, the ATP finds this 10000kg at april and put the order in same date, 19 April.

My question is: Can i limit the ATP verification horizon in 30 days? After this runs CTP?

obs: I know will generates surplus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

ATP doesn't generate surplus by itself; only a heuristic will generate surplus.

How is your current ATP configured?

Best Regards,

DB49