cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL to the NWBC HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the NWBC can be accessed through the t-code NWBC. But I want to access the NWBC HTML through the URL. I have tried accessing through the URL that I got by using the NWBC t-code. But it doesn't seems to be working. It works only when I am logged into to the ECC session, if not it's throwing me the error. Can you please let me know what am I missing here?

Thanks,

Balajii

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understood your question, so let me refresh the steps and tell me which step did you fail

-Get the HTTP\HTTPS address for your NBWC launch. This could be obtained via the step below:

a) From SAPGUI, execute tcode NWBC

b) This will bring launch an IE Browser with the NWBC session; more precisely this is the NBWC portal test page

c) The address would be similar as below:

https://xxx.yyy.com:9999/nwbc/~launch/?sap-client=888&sap-language=EN

xxx.yyy.com = Your SAP web address

9999 = Port #

888=Client Numer

d) The NWBC portal page would then be:

https://xxx.yyy.com:9999/nwbc/

e) Cut & Paste this address to your Browser; it should work regardless of whether ECC is on or not (of course you need to sign on if there's no SSO).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chen, Thanks for your reply. I have been following exactly the same steps that you mentioned above.

1. I have executed the t-code NWBC and got the URK for the launch URL.

2. Then I have taken the URL upto /nwbc/ and tried with ECC session opened, then it worked for me.

3. Then I have logged out of ECC and tried accessing in the similar way, but I get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you send the complete error message ... It should typically be some type of error value specify.

The last time I seen something like this, I have Error value 26. The cause of this issue is because my background server does NOT support it (i.e. the SAP_BASIS and the SAP Kernel version). For more info on the background system pre-req, check on OSS Note# 1029940 .

HTH ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the screenshot of the error. I do not see any error code as such.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check whether your backend SAP system meet the pre-requisite specified in OSS Note# 1029940? 

If the backend requirement are met, try to PING the website see whether you could get through.

1) If it does NOT get through, that means the Port or the Website may be setup wrongly, so go to last step:

2) If it gets through, try clear up your Browser Cache & Cookies and do another reload to see whether you could get NWBC up

3) Last step:  My last advice is to contact your Web Site Administrator (or SAP Basis) to see what's wrong. Possible issue could include Domain\Port\Firewall\Security setup that forbid this.

Good luck!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, how did you solve it?

Are you using load balancing or is only one application server in place?

BR,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the URL that you are using to access NWBC?

-Balajii

0 Kudos

URLs:

http://<FQDN>:<port>/nwbc or http://<FQDN>:<port>/sap/bc/nwbc

In the meantime we solved the problem. It was caused by an HTTP handling error in secstore.

BR,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

We are facing same issue with NWBC ..please let the solution in step by step ..that would be great help for us.

Thanks,

Sankar

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

First execute transaction secstore. Afterwards select "0000 All applications" and execute again.

Now check generated content regarding HTTP handling errors and perform proper solutions depending on respective error description.

BR

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, you will have to do the normal post-processing step of fixing SECSTORE with a migration key after each system copy. If you don't you will experience ICF authentication issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I know this is an aging post however I found it when looking for the same as the original poster.

So, I opened SAP via the GUI and started NWBC transaction and sure enough IE opens and displays a page however the page is not rendering very well and I wondered if there is a fundlemental problems here - we are still in development phase (not due to go live for a few months) but notbody here knows why this is what we are seeing...

if I access the system via NWBC directly (no sap gui logon first) I see this

Anyone got any ideas what is going on here?

We are using NWBC for Desktop 4.0 PL13 and IE9

DirkDeRidder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

this seems pretty normal to me.

When launching NWBC transaction, you can choose nwbc to see all menu nodes, or choose each individual node.

I see that in NWBC you didn't maintain a good description for each role, hence the Z_TEST... node.

Dirk