cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Authorization personnel number XXXXX(Travel Request)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am facing lot of issue  while trying to save  travel request (T code- trip). I have same client 710(Dev). I have hired two employee one for Company code US01 with personnel area US01 ,  personnel number - 9500. when i create travel request for this number, i can save & get trip number.

other company code 1000  & personnel area 1000 ,  personnel number 36. for this personnel number while creating trip request, I cant save it & getting error -No Authorization for the personnel number 36.

I have created personnel number range (PR10)  for both the personnel area.(US01, 1000).

Number range- for Us01, 01  100000  to 99999999

1000   01  - 10001 to 999999999

I have applied OSS note-1545686.( but still i didnt get the solution).

I have all the authorization for travel request & travel expense.

Both the case trip schema- PL(travel planning), Currency -USD

Kindly let me know if any expert help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anwar,

first of all I would like to warn you about the way you customized your number ranges; in my opinion it can lead to heavy inconsistencies. I have explained this in detail in another thread, please take a look at it (important is my longest post within this thread): http://scn.sap.com/message/13669308

Concerning your problem, I think Note 1545686 is irrelevant. It looks to me like there is a problem with the settings of authorization object P_TRAVL (obviously it's a permission problem). Please take a look in the respective roles SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER and SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER Object P_TRAVL or in case you use custom roles, take a look at them instead. I assume you have altered the role/object and made a restriction for BUKRS, Personell Area or the like.

Cheers, Lukas

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas

Thanks for your quick response. i have given an example on number range. My actual number range is like this which i have configured-

Personnel area- 1000  number range- 01- 0000000001-0000009999

Personnel area -2000  number range ,01- 0000010000--9999999999

My authorization setting, I have all the SAP_ ALL authorization. I have roles SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER and SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER Object P_TRAVL .

How to check authorization in BUKRS, Personnel area???(I assume you have altered the role/object and made a restriction for BUKRS, Personnel Area or the like).

Please suggest me if i have to look something more.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

yes these number ranges are better. Not optimal in my opinion but OK 😜

Since you have SAP_ALL it really is spooky. What I mean with my earlier statement was, I thought you probably changed the Auth Object P_TRAVL in one of the standard roles, i.e. removed "*" from BUKRS and replaced it with dedicated number or something like that. This was my first guess. But if you have SAP_ALL and all Roles are left standard, it can't really be the case...

EDIT: I just realized something; is the problem occuring for an enduser, i.e. a user creating a request for his own PERNR or is the problem occuring for some kind of master user who creates travel requests for other PERNR than his own? If it's the second case then the user should also have Role SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_MANAGER, otherwise when he only has SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER, he is explicitely restricted to his own PERNR and everything else would fail (possibly also beats SAP_ALL, not sure).

Bottom line: If it's not an enduser but a master user instead, assign SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_MANAGER and try again.

Cheers, Lukas

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas

I have tried all the option today. But still i am having the same error. As i have full authorization .

1st point :  But i can create travel request  through trip (t code)- Create Travel Expense Report ... With Ref.  

Here travel request is created & having trip number as well.

But i get one message -The trip to be saved entailed no costs Message no. 56287 

2nd point: When i try to create travel request from -

Icon Create Travel Request  

Here , i am getting error - No authorization for the personnel number XXXXXX.

3rd point: Today i have found that my client has integration with Fund management (FM) ie TV- FM integration.

So i have configured -Estimated Costs

● In Customizing for Travel Management, under Travel Expenses ® Master Data ® Travel Expense Types ® Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts, create an expense type with the following properties:

○ Short name: for example, Estimated Costs

○ Travel Expense Category: Other

○ Amounts are: Estimated Costs, No Reimbursement to Employee

This is avoiding any error if i give input in Estimated Costs while creating travel Request. So there is no error from this .

4th point: I can create travel expense (PR05), there is no issue with FI posting as well.

I am facing major problem while creatiing travel request  t code - Trip.

Kindly let me know if you see any other angle on my problem.

Best regards

Anwar

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No further idea for approaches then from my side. Ultima Ratio would be set /H for debugging in transaction field before clicking the Icon "Create Travel Request" and trace where and why the authorization error is thrown.

Just a question aside from all these problems; is there a specific reason why you are using TA TRIP instead of the WebDynpro ABAP solution?

Cheers, Lukas

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas

We are using ECC'06 with EPH4. So we cant use WebDynpro ABAP solution.

Now coming to my error, When i am assigning Employee Personnel number (lets say 36 ) with Communication infotype 0105 subtype 0001 with my user id say (user id -SS_Function).

After  this , if i try to create travel Request with (Trip) .  then i am getting error ---

Please specify an external number range.

Message no. NR753

Then i have changed my number range to external , then still i am not  able to resolve the error.

As per my understanding, number range should be internal for travel management.

please see if you find any other angle on my error.

Required help on this error. plssssss expert give me some suggestion

Thanks

Anwar

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar,

what happened to your authorization error, did you resolve it? If yes, please state how and set your question assumed answered and if there are further problems, pleas open a new thread. Otherwise it's confusing, bot for people who try to help and people who search the forum for solved questions

Concerning external number range error: I've never seen this error if there has not been set up an external number range for a perarea from scratch. Conceptionally you should only use internal number ranges, you understood this correctly. To see where the error is thrown, do in SE91 for the respective message, do a where-used search, set breakpoints and debug.

Cheers, Lukas

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas

Sorry, My authorization error is still there but When i am assigning Employee Personnel number (lets say 36 ) with Communication infotype 0105 subtype 0001 with my user id say (user id -SS_Function).

then this error has changed to -Please specify an external number range from No authorization personnel number XXXXX.

If i am not maintaining infotype 0105 with that pernr then error is same as No authorization personnel number XXXXX.

Pls see if you can suggest me any

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas

Thanks for your time & valuable response. My no authorization error has been solved. But i am getting new below error while creating Travel request( t code trip).-

Please specify an external number range(Message no. NR7

Kindly help me out

Best regards

Anwar

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar,

This simply means that you have defined in customizing that you are using an internal and also an external number range, however you obviously have not created an external number range (or didn't assign it). To rectify the error you'll have to create an external number range and assign it accordingly.

However, to me, the actual question is, why would you use external number intervals? SAP recommends to only use internal ones and I know of no use cases where an additional external number range makes sense (unless you have some kind of third party trave management system you want to "intermediately integrate" into SAP Travel Management, but I wager this is not the case).

Cheers, Lukas