Did you mean: 

Sales Order Contract Date Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did anyone ever encounter the issue where SAP systematically
changed the contract end date within a sales order? We have the logic were we
link the materials to the high-level items which than triggers the contract end
date. Per default 360 days from the end date of the high-level material.
However I have seen now couple times that the contract date got updated with something
like 4000.

Is there any place I can verify or debug to understand why
SAP is doing this?

Any help in getting started would be great

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sales order, where do you have the 'Contract End Date' field? Did you activate the 'Contract DataTab' for this order type? or is it a  custom field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field is activated for the order type. Its on the sales header (contract data) and sales line item level (contract data). There is also a restriction in Tcode  VA01 to not be able to manually update the contract data that works fine the sales order is going in a default delivery and billing block. The users can update the contract data in VA02 however what I don't get is why sometimes the system is changing the contract date to a funny number like 4052...

Thanks for any help

regards,

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the dates are maintained manually by the users through VA02....you can check the sales order change log to find out the value entered by the user for this field and see if you could get any clues. Check the change log and update the details here.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I checked the log..here are the steps in detail how the sales order got created.

1:All information completed like ship to / sold to / PO / sales organization / distribution / division & order type.

2: Material 1 got entered in item 1, Material 2 got entered in item 2. 

3: rest of the information completed within additional data A & B (customized fields)

4: user came back in VA02 and performed the contract changes as well the order reason- specific value needs to be selected to allow this change. the right value got selected.

Change log:

User changed contract start date 23/12/2012 to 00/00/00   VEDA- VBEGDAT

User changed contract end date 23/12/2013 to 22/06/2012 (back date is allowed) VEDA-VENDDAT

System changed 10min later contract start date 00/00/00 to 23/12/2012 VEDA- VBEGDAT

System changed 10min later contract end date 22/06/2012 to 12/11/4026 VEDA- VENDDAT

unfortunately the system uses the system account (JOBAUTHORIZA). I tried SME37 with reference to the user-exit MV45AFZZ , MV45AFZA, MV45AFZB  to see what job might have run..did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help

regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both Contract Start date and End date will purely depends on IMG settings. 

In your case, you yourself have indicated that

We have the logic were we link the materials to the high-level items which than triggers the contract end date

I feel that it is because of that exit which you need to validate the coding

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Many thanks for your response. Where would you start in IMG to research? or should I just start Va01 and debug to see what the program is doing to find out what function is called for the customized contract start-end date in regards to the high-level item linking?

Thanks again  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP2013

Two ways you can start

1) go to se11 enter VBAK table click on field GUEEN and click where used (Ctrl + Shift + F3)

and in search range put Z* so it will search only Z fields

2) check the userexits implemented.

start with MV45AFZZ , MV45AFZA, MV45AFZB

and search for field GUEEN

forms can be USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK

Best Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Sorry I think I was not good in explaining my issue. Basically I need to find out the program responsible for updating the XVBEGDAT & XVENDDAT. We have materials setup with characteristics to drive the duration and the high-level item linking to reference back the main material. lets say the main material A item 1 has todays start date plus 1 year. The linked material Z liked back to item 1 via the high-level item linking classified with the characteristics for a specific duration should have the start date from the end date of the main material plus his duration.

I'm trying to find out the program to check what it does since apparently replication does not work. I checked IMG and from what I saw all looks good. I guess there is something in the program / user exit when it makes the call to determine the values that something goes wrong under a specific condition.

Thanks again.