cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Data

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

User had created a Project with certain codes and post few transaction to Timesheet.

After few days when he is searching the same project then not able to find the Project and WBS any were.

Even Table PROJ and PRPS also not have any entry related the same project.

While open the same project in CJ02 Transcation , system giving msg " project doesn't exist"

were as when try to create a new project with same code then system giving msg " project exist"

pls suggest ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Check in table VSPRPS_CN if your project exits, in this table there are the projects versions.

If you create a project, by settings or manually a version is created an then you delete the project...the version is not deleted and you cannot create the project with the same ID, the only option is delete this version from this table.

Regards,

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I had checked the same, some one had changed the projrct definition code of project,  since status dependent version profile is configured, as project is released a version with name RELEASED will be generate automatically in background for same project.

Step3.   Someone authorized person had changed the Project definition code and replaced with other new existing code i.e MS-00025

Since MS-00001 is replaced by MS-00025, users are not able to find the MS-00001 in system, even not able to create a new MS-00001 project since version for the same is available.

I had tried to rehanged the MS-00025 into MS00001 but not able to change as RELEASED project version was available in system,

I had tried to delete the version from CN41 but not able to do that as CN41 will delete the time dependent version only, status depend version was not possible to delete as per sap notes also.

Then I had tried SAP note 160884, and create a program ZVERSDEL3 to delete the status dependent version. But that also was not a perfect solution since this will delete the all version of same name. Since status dependent version will create the same name for all project, all project have the same name for version i.e RELEASED.

Now I am searching any option to delete the version for that Project MS-00001 only s that I can change the name of MS-00025 to MS-00001 again.

Pls suggest how to delete the project version for a particular project

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the subject you have mentioned "Archive Data" and your description of the issue is something else. Could you please clarify?

Is the project archived? Or has the user or someone else deleted the project? Assuming you have Change documents activated could you check tcode CN60 and see if anything is changed in the project.

Alternatively try to check table CDPOS and CDHDR by providing the relevant inputs. Maybe you would come across the cause of the issue.