cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1 balance - J_1IRG1BAL table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I needed to understand the importance of updating the J_1IRG1BAL table.

I have gone through the note number 951955 but am unable to understand whether it is mandatory to enter the balances in this table.

Also in the event if the RG1 balance was not updated prior to go-live, can it be updated at a later period?

If the products that are manufactured have a different material code for every sales order , will we need to update this table -
J_1IRG1BAL  with Loose or Packed indicator every time?

I am new to this and hence require this clarification.

Regards

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

All Finished materials you need to update the table with packed(P) and it is one time activity. and if you get any new material code in future you need to update this table

If you are not updated the table then system wont update this table at the time of RG1 Extraction ( T-code:J2I5), so while generating the RG1 Register you wont get opening balance and closing balance

So it is manadatory to update this table whenever any FG material is created

Also in the event if the RG1 balance was not updated prior to go-live, can it be updated at a later period?

The best practice is at the time golive you need to update this table.or you can update the table later also.

At the golive time client will provide the FG material closing balance stock and same stock you need to update in RG1Balance table

Table : J_2IRG1BAL

I hope you understand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Maheshji and Nileshji for your very valuable input...the answer is extremely clear.

Thank you Lakshmiji for moving the thread to the correct forum.

Best Regards

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You consider a scenario where in you are selling some material, posting excise entry and extracting register so that you can then print it. At the beginning of any fiscal period or in that fiscal period, we have either few quantity of material balance with us or the material may be new. When we have balance in stock, your registers will show negative as nothing is balance in registers and you are withdrawing material by selling it. hence it is mandatory to update above table. Then only you will be able to see opening and closing balances in registers which is mandatory as per law.

Hence, for all finished materials (FERT) you need to update the table P as one time activity. and if you get any new material code in future you need to update this table

If you are not updated the table then system wont update this table at the time of RG1 Extraction ( T-code:J2I5), so while generating the RG1 Register you wont get opening balance and closing balance

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to Internationalization and Unicode which is related to CIN

G. Lakshmipathi