cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order ATP with STO ATP active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As you know in EEC6 SAP supplied the ability for the STO ATP to act like the Sales Order ATP.  Now everything works as it should expect one Big issue.

As you know when we use a PO (not an STO) the delivery date in the PO will update the ATP for the sales order using checking rule 02.  What I am hoping and wanting is since the STO using "A" ATP then then the STO planned delivery date becomes a "requested delivery date".  So then it is possible that SAP will use forward scheduling and find external PO's created in the supplying plant to update the STO ATP result.  Now since this become schedule line 2, 3 ..... in the STO then why cannot SAP use these dates to update the sales order in the receiving plant.  Rather than just using the 1st scheule line date which is equal the STO item delivery date.

My initial solution is to find the STO delivery dates <= today and using "memasspo" to change the delivery date 7 days after today'd date and then doing V_V2.

Lastly, I would honestly like SAP to use some extra logic that if the commited qty <> 1st schedule line qty then it should use the other schedule line qty too to update the sales order ATP result.  This causes issues for my current client because we will have to use the above process or when creating SD DN we will get errors because the DN ATP confirms against stock only.

Anybody had the same issue, I can only assume that your assumption and understanding might be close to mine when you switched on the STO ATP in ECC6?  Also my current client has not kept their packages and patches up to date since 2008, so unknown whether an EHP helps this with issue.

Regards

Waza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Waza

Difficult requirement to achieve , should raise to SAP

I found following note , which may be useful , just check if this program error  is relevant or not.

Note 1637520 - STO: Confirmed schedule line before desired schedule line

Best Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply, but the OSS note is for SCM only.

Actually I don't think it is difficult, I just think SAP has just left this function out and will maybe include via something like ASUG into SCM/APO.  For a normal PO the user will adjust the delivery date based on what the vendor has said.  But with STO and ATP active the schedule lines appear automatically amd possibly against 5 or more PO's that the supplying plant has sent to the vendor.  From my point of view it makes no sense to adjust the delivery date as the 1st schedule may have no stock against it and SAP is using the "whole" stock on this delivery date in STO to confirm stock in the SO's in the receiving plant.

Because of this my client might need to change the ATP rules to use ASN and not PO ... ouch!!  The issue is that the delivery date in STO when you switch on STO with ATP "A", it then becomes a "requested delivery date" and SAP AG should recognise this as it does in the STO ATP correctly.  But the STO ATP result should update the SO ATP correctly .... missing function from my point of view.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waza,

Actually I don't think it is difficult

Remarkable statement.  You should apply for a job with SAP.

I just think SAP has just left this function out and will maybe include via something like ASUG into SCM/APO.

If you are expecting that ASUG will be promoting a particular functionality, you should just ask them.  I think all of their initiatives are public knowledge to ASUG members.

I am a bit confused about your requirement.  However, if you want the Sales order ATP in the destination plant to respect the confirmed line of the STO, then you need the change the scope of check for the Sales Order, not the scope of check for the STO.  OVZ9 > select the Availability check for your material and "A" for MTS products.  Change the 'Incl Purchase orders'  to "A".

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Appreciate the reply.

I have this already done, tick include PO and A for include rel order req in OVZ9 - stock standard!!  The problem is that SAP is using the delivery date on the STO line item (first schedule line), rather than the schedule lines where forward scheduling has been used.  I understand this issue as SAP is still considering it a PO and a PO would have 1 schedule line.  Before moving to STO my client would manually change the "quantity" in the PO schedule line based on the internal-company vendor delivery schedule and "yes" the PO schedule line would update the SO ATO line with the new dates.  Now with STO ATP I assumed it would not need this, but it does, and this is what is strange.  So from my angle the STO ATP has no benefit to the receiving plant as the delivery date in the STO needs to be changed when "today's date < delivery date" or the receiving plant SO ATP will confirm with old delivery dates and the user will think there is stock.  I hope you understand and I have also sent an OSS note to SAP to please explain too.

Lastly, I have seen some OSS notes in 2012 that cover some bugs found for this new functionality, eg previous dates issue.  But it does seem not too many SAP customers are using this functionality at the moment.  I have seen the same kind of question in other forums, but with no meaningful answer.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waza,

...the STO ATP has no benefit to the receiving plant as the delivery date in the STO needs to be changed when "today's date < delivery date"...

This is not the case, at least in the systems I have worked on.  I tested this in a dev system today, and verified that my sales order confirmation was based upon the confirmed date of the Purchase Order (STO).  I know it works!

STO confirmation schedule; delivery date Feb 27 2013.  Item delivery date Jan 10, 2013

Sales order ATP screen.  Confirmed MAD is Feb 27, based on the STO

If this is not working in your system, then raise a message with SAP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thanks for your time and review, really appreciate it and hope I cana assist you with any problems in the future too.  I have this same scenario too in our QAS system.  This is because SAP cannot confirm any stock in the STO based on the delivery date.  So the receiving plant STO looks at the 2nd schedule line in the STO.  But when I have an STO with 3 or 4 lines with which means many supplying plant PO's this is when my Clients SO confirms the STO stock, and cannot see the future delivery dates, but uses the second schedule delivery date in the STO.  I hope you understand my meaning.

Regards

Warren Nash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warren,

???  I just duplicated your multischedule scenario in one of my systems, and had no problems with the SO ATP check proposing and confirming multiple schedules against the STO multiple schedules.  I further had no problem getting the STO to confirm multiple schedules against multiple supply elements in the source plant, using forward scheduling.

There is really nothing further to discuss, other than to suggest you check for enhancements in your systems that may be interfering with standard functionality.  If there is inadequate ATP functional expertise locally to get this scenario to work, then I again suggest you raise a message with SAP.  That's why you pay support fees.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

Really appreciate what you have done, I don't know hat to say.  Just hope to assist you with any of your problems!!

Just one thing.  I have checked and the userexits have no effect and the ones we use only effect ATP upon save .. for example fill or kill scenario.  Can you confirm for that in the ATP quantities screen in the SO that you can the multiple schedule lines, eg

10.01.2013 POitem 3310000003/00010/0001

As you can see I can only see scheule line 0001. 

I have sent an OSS note and I will post the details from SAP OSS here.  Based on your confirmation then I believe there must be a package/ OSS note/EHP that allows this to occur, as my Client has no updated there SAP system since SAPKB70012.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up from OSS:-

Before note 1579745, STO new schedule line was not taken in account for

ATP calculation (always checking the first schedule line even without

confirmed quantity). It was described into notes : 1635836 and 1604202.

As off note 1579745, confirmed STO schedule line is now visible from

ATP in ERP.

Would you please apply this note and create a new example for checking if the issue can be solved?

p.s. depending on where you are in your SAP_APPL packages SNOTE may ask for about 11 other OSS notes to be implemented.  So my suggestion is for full SD regression testing too.

Regards,

Warren Nash

Answers (0)