cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Wily for Portal App Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have our Portal running on Windows. With a single server Dev entire set up was fine. But for Production, While in Solman_Setup --> Managed System Setup the Bytecode Adapter installation erroring out with following message -

Failed to create Introscope Agent Connector at: E:\usr\sap\SMD\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT.8.2.4.0-2012-01-27\wily\connectors - java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""\\HOSTNAME\sapmnt\SID\JC00\exe\sapjvm_4\bin\java"" (in directory "E:\usr\sap\SMD\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT.8.2.4.0-2012-01-27\wily\connectors"): CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the path specified

Now, in the Central Instance this step was successfull and I can see 2 nodes (Hostagent and SAP Netweaver) in Wily, but for all other app servers this step has failed. So only 1 node in wily (Hostagent). If I manually go into the app server I can access those paths with no issue.

Anybody experienced this ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

follow the wily inst guide here

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> Release 7.0 EHP 1 -> Installation -> Wily Introscope Setup Guide 8.0

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. I got it corrected, the Introscopeagent profile was not updated with Solman hostname. Now I could see the SAP Netweaver node, but under a different node.

Now there are 2 nodes in Wily, one in smaller case which has hostagent, and the other one in uppercase with SAP Netweaver.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Didn't get you. Can you please paste the screenshot.

With Reagrds

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screenshot will have hostnames in it.

In Wily you get all the servernames, if you expand you get 2 nodes - SAP Hostagent and SAP Netweaver for a Java stack.

I have 2 separate servernames (same servername but different case e.g. hostname and HOSTNAME)...hostname contains hostagent node and HOSTNAME contains SAP Netweaver.

How to correct this ?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

error stating you cant find the path you specified, seems you are wrong with JAVA Path,

Please check the error and solution we faced regarding wily setup with Jvm update here

you can even create the autoprobe connector manually and try,

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

As I have said, the step was successful for the Central Instance, and failing for all the App servers. Also I could manually access the path.

I have already created the autoprobe connector manually, and jar file is created. But still i dont see the SAP Netweaver nodes for the server nodes in Wily. Only hostagent is there.

Can you tell me where can I find the steps if i want to manually configure Wily ?

Thanks

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Netweaver,

1. download ISAGENT24STD.SAR file from service market place.

2. Extract the above file in /usr/sap/  folder and a wily folder will get created over there.Go inside the /usr/sap/wily folder and open the file IntroscopeAgent.profile.Inside the file add the value for enterprise manager host where it is installed and port number for the same which is 6001 which is a default port.

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=<host id where enterprise manager is installed>

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.port.DEFAULT=<enterprise manager port number by default 6001>

3. Now create the autoprobe connectot , to do so, go to the /usr/sap/wily/connectors folder

and run the below command.

java -jar CreateAutoProbeConnector.jar -jvm <jvm_path> -output connector.jar

4. Now open the config tool and select the server node to which you want to configure wily.

enter the parameter three parameters out there in unix ,

-Xbootclasspath/p:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/connectors/connector.jar:/usr/sap/wily/Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/usr/sap/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=PP1_<dialoginstane>_hostname

for windows :

-Xbootclasspath/p:<drive>:/usr/sap/wily/connectors/connector.jar;<drive>:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=<drive>:/usr/sap/wily/sap_Intro

scopeAgent.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=<AgentName>

Restart the java stack dialoginstance.

Now what i think is that , you didn't install the diagnostic agent on dialog instance.

If you have installed the dialognostic agent , then please send the details log .

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Netweaver,

Please provide the point if it is helpfull.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

In all the App Servers Diag Agents are installed. Please let me know which details log would be useful here.

The manual steps you mentioned above :

Step 1 and 2 - Are they needed to be done in the Managed Systems ?

Step 3 & 4 already done, but the paths are different for me. The Connectors, agent.jar and Autoprobe.jar are inside Agent\IsAgent\..\wily folder.

Which log would help me in determining why the nodes (SAP Netweaver) under Wily is not getting created. Portal has been restarted once.

Thanks.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Netweaver,

Download the ISAGENTSTD24_0-10007435.SAR file from service market place.

you need to follow the below path :

Software Download->Support Packages and Patches->My Company's Application Components" --> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER--> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1" -->Entry by Component-->Agents for managed systems

Then you need to follow step 1 and 2.

Send me the dev_server0.out and std_server0 and dev_server0 files.

Also check that whether you have maintained the correct parameter in configtool.

Please send the screenshot of configtool and files i have mentioned

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi