Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with configuring procedure/dependency for a new characteristic

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to introduce a new characteristic (say X), which should be available for user- entry, in the item configuration, during creation of sales order.

I want to configure it such that based on the value of another characteristic (say A), this char should or should not be available for entry, during sales order creation.

Can someone please give me the sequence of steps to be followed  for achieving this?

Regards

P.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello P.R.

you should use a precondition, to make characteristic X available or not, based on the value of characteristic A (let's say it is "1").

Given that you have already created chars A and X, and added them to the class, roughly the steps to follow are:

• create a Precondition, with a simple code, something like this:

char A = '1' and char A specified

• add the Precondition to char X, using the Object Dependencies button in the Basic data tab of char X (usually, I do this through the char copied in the class)
  • if you want to make char X entry required (only when char A has value 1), you should create a Selection Condition similar to the previous Precondition, and add it to char X in the same way.

In this way, you'll have char X visible and required only when char A has value 1, otherwisw it will be hidden.

Regards,

Alessio Tartara