Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Query User Groups

jeanne_grimes2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has a way to automatically assign an SAP Query User group to users based on the SU01 user group, standard SAP security, a parameter, etc. 

We have moved to using GRC 10 - User Provisioning tool and tool does not support the assignment of Query User groups.  So although we have automated the assignment of security roles; the end users must now also send an email to get the query group assigned.

Any one else have this issue?  If so, how did you resolve?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Queries are a whole world of nastiness but going over that isn't going to help you!

It's been a while since I've worked with queries & I've not tested this with GRC yet but...

In SU01 you can set the user group for a query using Parameter ID AQB so theoretically you should be able to assign the relevant PID value for AQB in the access request and when it is provisioned the selected query user group for the user should be defaulted.

Please let us know how you get one.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi.  The parameter id route is good to default a user to a specific user group, however, it doesn't actually add the user into the user group.  Looking for a way to automate the assignment of the user group to the user - or is there a way to assign a security user group to a query user group?

0 Kudos

Ah, I see.  Sorry, I mis-understood your original post.  I'm not aware of anything as standard that will do what you are looking for.  Typically when looking to auto-provision query access I have taken the approach of switching the management of them into roles by assigning transaction codes to the queries.