cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows authentication on JDBC sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is to set up "Windows authentication on JDBC sender adapter" with a SQL server databse. I tired this string:

jdbc:sqlserver://server:port;DatabaseName=DBNAME; integratedSecurity=true; user=domian\user; password=password;

It throws up the error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://server:port;DatabaseName=DBNAME; integratedSecurity=true; user=***; password=***;' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection with the registered driver. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver returns: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.. : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.'

Looks like that some driver is missing or my url string is wrong. Can anybody please suggest the solution?

PS - I have got it working with a direct DB user. But our security policy does not allow the use of direct DB user so I have to move to windows authentication.

Thanks in advance for help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First  check if you have deployed the jdbc driver as per note 1138877.

It appears that you are using the 2005 JDBC driver, this consists of one file, sqljdbc.jar. If you want to use windows authentication there is another file that is needed called sqljdbc_auth.dll

In the connect string you list integratedSecurity=true which means integrated security would be used then sqljdbc_auth.dll file would also be required.

Both jar files would need to be packaged; sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc_auth.dll would need to be placed where the jar file could find it. See the following jdbc driver documentation from Microsoft.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937724.aspx

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know that where this file is to be deployed ie on PI or on the SQL server?

regards,

dehra

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

plz check the following doc for deployment

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3825

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

I believe you do not need to package the sqljdbc_auth.dll within the package in which the JDBC driver is deployed. I believe the dll should be copied in a directory of your path ( for

example C:\WINDOWS).

To deploy sqljdbc4.jar file, Please see below mentioned notes:

1138877 'How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters'

1123333 'Redeploying same component with JSPM'.

Rgds,

Sachin

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Cannot establish connection with the registered driver. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

This shows that you have not deployed right version driver for the SQL Server. Please go the microsoft sql server site and download the appropriate jdbc drivrer for the server and deploy the same in PI.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

This is may be for the version of the SQL Driver. Can you check if you are using 'sqljdbc_1.1 driver'. If yes then you need upgrade to 'SQL Server 2005 JDBC v1.2'. Check with Basis.