cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Is it possible to explain how we can use mirrored tasks ?

When i want to create a mirrored task with another task in a certain project , my dates are not correct.

For example the mirrored task have to start at the same moment as the original task

How can i handle this best?

Davy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod ,

Thank you for your response.

How can we let the mirrored task start at the same time then the original task.

Are we setting a relationship between the tasks or with another task.

In my example I have set a mirrored task , this is coming from another project and I want to let them start on the same time.

In the mirrored task , the dates are not following the dates of the original task.

Can you help how to do this practical ?

Thank you

Davy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create mirror task in a Project A with reference to task from Project B. Mirror task in Project A will have constraint  start and finish dates from task of Project B. Then now you can create start-start relationship between mirror task and task which you want start at same time in Project A. Please see the screen shot attached. The orange task is mirror task in example.

I hope this will help you.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod ,

I have in the meanwhile checked myself and it has become clear for me how it works.

The task is following the dates of the mirrored task.

I thought in the beginning that it was the other way around.

Thank you again , if I have problem , i will contact you.

Davy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use mirrored task with another project then it will automatically define start and end date constraints to mirrored task with reference to dates of task from other project. So here you can meet your requirement of starting mirrored task at the same time as original task starts.

I hope this information will help you to define the process. Please mention if any specific issue you are facing in this regard.

Regards,

Pramod