cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM is in stopped status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow SAPGurus,

For SOLMAN 4.0 SAP system the SDM process on Windows 2003 Server is not starting. Other two processes i.e server0 and dispatcher are running fine. I thought changing the password of SDM through the commands and config tool would help to start it but I found that the system says

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Jan 7, 2013 11:23:43 AM  Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

On the other server where SDM is working I found that 50018 port is listening through command netstat -a but in my case I couldn't find the port. I find this as one of the reason. Also it is to note the files sdm_gui.out and sdm_gui.err are of 0kb they doesnt have any data in it. Please suggest how can I start the sdm.

PFA required files.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhsihek,

Did u check J2EE_ADMIN/Administrator user in ABAP..... if it is locked then.....Stop your java stack.....unlock it......... If you know the password update that in configtool ---- secure store also. Else reset in SU01, and update in secure store...... then restart  theJava Stack.

Also make sure SAPJSF in unlocked and consistent........

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Finally I was able to start the J2EE engine of the SOLMAN SAP system. The problem was in sdm_jstartup.properties file located in the directory structure E:\usr\sap\SDX\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\config. Earlier following were the wrong paramters mentioned in the file

sdm_jstartup.properties

sdm.ClassPath=G:\usr\sap\QCM\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar

sdm.JavaParameters=null

Above two parameters were changed to and SDM worked.

sdm.ClassPath=G:\usr\sap\QCM\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program/bin/SDM.jar

sdm.JavaParameters=

Note:- Check out the difference in the slashes and value for paramter sdm.JavaParameters

Thanks for the participationa and the help provided.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (0)