Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SDM is in stopped status

Hellow SAPGurus,

For SOLMAN 4.0 SAP system the SDM process on Windows 2003 Server is not starting. Other two processes i.e server0 and dispatcher are running fine. I thought changing the password of SDM through the commands and config tool would help to start it but I found that the system says

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Jan 7, 2013 11:23:43 AMĀ  Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

On the other server where SDM is working I found that 50018 port is listening through command netstat -a but in my case I couldn't find the port. I find this as one of the reason. Also it is to note the files sdm_gui.out and sdm_gui.err are of 0kb they doesnt have any data in it. Please suggest how can I start the sdm.

PFA required files.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Divyanshu,

Finally I was able to start the J2EE engine of the SOLMAN SAP system. The problem was in sdm_jstartup.properties file located in the directory structure E:\usr\sap\SDX\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\config. Earlier following were the wrong paramters mentioned in the file

sdm_jstartup.properties

sdm.ClassPath=G:\usr\sap\QCM\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar

sdm.JavaParameters=null

Above two parameters were changed to and SDM worked.

sdm.ClassPath=G:\usr\sap\QCM\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program/bin/SDM.jar

sdm.JavaParameters=

Note:- Check out the difference in the slashes and value for paramter sdm.JavaParameters

Thanks for the participationa and the help provided.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question