cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Web Dynpro Application With Login UserID & Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my WD I have a model. With this model I call a RFC from R/3. I don't understand why I don't get a logon prompt. I create the model in Web Dynpro Explorer and have to set UserID & Password for connection.

My problem is that the needed data depends on the user identification. So how can I get a logon prompt? Should I write my own code for connecting to R/3 without giving userId and password in order to get a logon?

regards,

sharam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharam,

The simple solution is you add a application property in your Web Dynrpo application. For this open the Web Dynpro application and open the tab Application Properties. Click on the New button and select the sap.authentication property and in the value select true. Now this will give the login prompt for your web dynpro application. To pass the same login details to the backend system you need to configure the JCO connection. Open the Application Data/Model Data JCO from http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome->Content Administrator and in the Security tab specify useSSO/logon ticket. This will pass the logon info of the WDP to the backend system.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Message was edited by:

Dipankar Saha

Answers (0)