Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Anywhere Error -196: Index

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have updated MBO's since some attributes changed then i got following error:

"com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException:SQL Anywhere Error -196: Index '_BUSINESS_PK_INDEX_d1_<p>projects_1_0__24521' for table 'd1_<p>projects_1_0__24521' would not be unique","component"

Although  i cleaned the cache DB when i call a RFC it returns that error . Dont have any clue what causes this. Im using 2.1.3 sp3 version

Does anybody faced same error ?  what is the best way to update mbo's  clearly?

Thanks in advanced

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem. After i checked cacheDB in detail i came up the following conclusion ;

while creating a MBO it runs particular RFC and since my rfc returns all data for a empty input it fills the cachedb. After i call rfc in application for a specific input so then i think it compares with cachedb and somehow gives error.

So another think that i wonder when calling a rfc(mbo) it calls all of them. Why the mechanism works like that ?

Thank you

Tahir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

We got this similar error when the Back end System EIS is sending NULL value for the field that has been marked as Primary. Could you check whether EIS is sending NULL value for you primary key? If the EIS is DB then SUP takes care of not inserting NULL values to CDB, But it does not doing for the other EIS system.

Thanks

-Arun

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

There are no NULL values and still getting same error log. As i know that bug has fixed before.

Regards

Tahir