Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High volume printing support?

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please tell which SAP Version(ECC) supports High Volume Printing(HVP)?Please advise.

Thanks

prabaharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

There is no direct linkage of SAP ECC version and high volume printing. As I know ECC 6.0 also using this functionality and some time back i observed 4.6 also using the same.

This you have to think in a different way. it's purely a business decision and analysis done on couple of factors.

like for ex-

Requirement to print labels per minute

type of printers using (CAB, Zebra, HP, etc.,)

any special things part of label, like barcode, special fonts, etc.,

colours (black & white/ double colours/ multiple colurs), as ribbons/ cartridges difers

after above analysis in place, decision will be made to go for suitable printers.

Right now in market, you have all kind of capacities available.

Incase all in sudden - your requirement of printing the label numbers gone up and no capacities then these high volume printing packages will be used to control the Q.

this is purely the corrective action. high volume printing is not necessary to all kind of business requirements.

Regards

kamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Prabaharan

We are investigating HVP.  Wondering if you had any success obtaining the HVP drivers.  If so, where did you obtain the drivers?

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

HVP means a High Volume Printer Driver developed from the former TechniData company.

This printer driver has to be used on the WWI server and it is independent from the SAP version.

This driver supports Zebra Printer Language (ZPL) that is used for e.g. Zebra/Intermec printers. Also TEC, Pago and CSAT are supported.

The HVP is required in the following scenario:

- High Volumes (in my point of view > 300 copies per print job) and

- You have a serial number or a serialized barcode or a serialized list on your label

So Kamal is right to analyse the business requests first.

Regards,

Mike

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As HVP sceanrio is needed for me now i spent some time searching how to check whether High volume printer drivers are already existing in my ECC 6.00 system but no luck.Can you please guide how to check the existence of this Driver and if not how to get these drivers and install in SAP ECC Environment.

Your suggestions are really helpful.

Thanks

prabaharan

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

the best way is to check the installed printer drivers on the WWI server for GLM. The column "modell" contains TechniData Labeling Printer Driver for the HVP printers.

The HVP is availalbe within the tools package of the GLM predefined service from SAP. Please contact Michael Veit (michael.veit@sap.com) directly for more details about this predefined service.

Regards,

Mike