cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger ABAP Inbound Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am into ABAP. I have never worked on PI. If i have a service interface and a class method for ABAP inbound Proxy already created by a PI guy, Can I trigger the call to the NON-SAP system to retrieve and process the data in my report program using this method or Do i have to code the logic in Class/Method created in PI. I have been able to trigger an outbound call from a function module, but when it comes to Inbound, I am still trying to understand. I searched some forums, but my understanding of PI is limited and i am still trying to understand. Could anyone please let me know the approach for triggering Inbound Proxy? Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks

Shrini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

Firstly, you need to built the logic to handle the data that will come through from PI to SAP using the method created by the PI guy.(like writing a function module to import the data sent from PI and perform some operation on it)

Secondly, As suggested by Beena, you could either use SPROXY to test the proxy as stand alone

for that, you could follow the steps mention here,

http://scn.sap.com/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementati...

or else, in order to test it end to end, you could import the WSDL to SOAP UI tool and fire some messages through to PI server.

Make sure you provide the correct login credential of PI user and the PI host name to fire messages to PI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been going through your post..

Am new to this proxy development.I am an ABAPER

My requirement is like PI team will give me a proxy. I need to update some tables using some standard BAPi in the code.

My doubt is do the PI guys will also provide me the class or do I need to build a custom class to write my code.

Urgent help needed.

Thanks,

Duttad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debrath,

Whenever we create a proxy in SPROXY transaction, the system generates a class by itself.

We wont need to create a class separately. The class name is based on the service interface name being used.

Also, based on the operations used in the PI Service interface, that many number of methods get created by default in the class to handle the operations.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your help.

I have  2 requirements... one is inbound and the other is outbound.

Please correct me if I am wrong..

What I understand is.

In inbound I will get struc from PI and update some tables ...In this case I just need to write the code in the methods they will give. Thats it right..

An for outbound I just fetch some data and update into a internal table or struc..

Thanks Again

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

Shrini pls find the Diff between inbound proxy(Receives the data) and outbound(Triggers the Data).

Inbound Proxy:  SAP receives the Data

Outbound Proxy : SAP sends the Data

Check this link for creating and coding in Inbound proxy.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page2.htm

To test inound Proxy follow this:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Debug/Index.htm

i hope this will help you.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Non SAP system will send data to PI and PI will trigger inbound proxy in ECC. You will receive the data in inbound proxy interface. You need to code in class/method created by PI to process this data. (INPUT and OUTPUT structures)

You can also test the proxy in standalone way (the way you can test RFC) in transaction SPROXY.

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I build a report program which would trigger the client proxy and and import the data into report program to be processed further? and schedule this report in background?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a report can be build for loading data into table..then what is the necessity of having inbound proxy..

just give a thought ....

Proxy is the native adapter build only for SAP PI System and Non SAP Systems cannot invoke proxy...

idea behind inbound proxy is to process the data received from other systems (SAP or NonSAP) via PI system...

Hope this clarifies all your queries..

Rgds

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs.Let us consider, the creation of proxy and logic is completely implemented. So, in PI Inbound scenario,does it mean that , as and when the Non-SAP system sends the data to SAP, the data would be processed in SAP and something like Job scheduling is not required at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Thats true. The interface will be triggered by external system and PI will call inbound proxy class to execute the processing logice implemented in class. There is no need to schedule a job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shrini,

Once you receive  data from PI as inbound proxy , you can do with data whatever you want .

Let me clear one thing that as soon as sender system (In context of PI ) will push data to PI, PI will call proxy class which is generated in ECC . and your logic will execute  .

There is no need to job scheduling an all to run that proxy class  because that will be call from PI .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report scheduling depends on your business requirement..

Normally Proxy gets triggered when the data is sent from the source system(can be SAP or NonSAP) via PI..and doesn't require any job to be scheduled..

after the commit of Proxy operation if you have any requirement for report generation using the data received then you may require to schedule else not required...

HTH

Rajesh