Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Messages - SAP PI 7.11

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been tasked with documenting the components that a message will use when processed. From the moment the message is sent to PI to the moment the response is sent back. For this task I am using a Synchronous SOAP <-> RFC interface that uses Integrated Configurations.

What I am attempting to find out is all the SAP PI components that are referenced, such as the ICM and the Adapter Engine, and how they can be monitored. Once I understand exactly where it goes I would also like to properly understand the choke points at each stage.  For example the following limits exists on the ICM alone include,

Request Queue limit

Socket limit

Connection limit

Thread limit

Any assistance you can offer or references to SAP documentation would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The link Advanced Adapter Engine Extended contains a high level view of the 7.3 AEX. This would be very similar to the PI components used in the 7.11 scenario you described using Integrated Configurations.

This blog, Tuning the PI Messaging System Queues, contains some details on the components within the PI AAE e.g. Messaging System which can be tuned.

See also Message Processing at Runtime and Message Processing (Advanced Adapter Engine) for more details.

Regards

Mark

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark, looks like some useful information. I will have a read through.

Regards

Rob

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm actually talking about the technical components and not message monitoring. Where can I look in the ICM or the adapter engine for bottlenecks or issues, available threads etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a scenario using ICM all you can monitor is

1. Communication Channel monitoring - SOAP & RFC channels

2. Message Monitoring ..

Thread limit, connection limit,...are part of channels monitoring itself..

HTH
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

In PI 7.11 ICM configuration you can monitor the messages in only Adapter Engine.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1122331

Thanks,

Satish.

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

What I'm talking about are the technical components rather than RTWB. I'm aware of the limitations of RTWB with Integrated Configurations. This has been fixed with later releases but I'm running 7.11 EHP1 SP6.

I'm interested in things such as the ICM, Adapter Engine etc.