cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1: Business Process Documentation queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of creating Business Process Documentation in Solution Manager 7.1. Wanted to understand:

1. Can we have more than 3 nodes in the hierarchy level for the Business Process. This is because we want to keep our existing Business Process Hierarchy similar to HP ALM.

2. Can we upload the structure from the nodes created in excel file. I understand that there are options of download, update and upload the project structure in Solution Manager 7.1. However, can we create the entire structure and upload for the Business Process Documentation build from the scratch.

Apprecaite your inputs.

Ravish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravish,

1) We can do this bys seeing which levels we can truncate and push it to Solman. In SOlman we have Business Scenario -> Business process -> Business process step ( linked to transactions) ... If the last 3 levels in HP ALM  fit the solman levels then you can truncate the first 2 levels and put it as a prefix for the Business scenario and push it.

2) I am not sure of Excel , But you have nice tool which is well-developed for Solution documentation design . You can make use the tool Business Blueprint Designer which is a desktop tool and you can design the whole process and upload back to the solution manager,

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Could you provide me some more details on the Business Blueprint Designer tool and from where can I get the same.

I shall try if it works.

Thanks

ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Could find the tool named "Worksoft Business Blueprint Import Tool".

I shall try the same.

Thanks

Ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravish,

Please go to https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/rkt-solman -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Solution Implementations -> Business Blueprint ->

Check the below documents

How to Work with 'SAP Business Process Blueprinting' for SAP Solution Manager?

How to Install and Configure 'SAP Business Process Blueprinting' for SAP Solution Manager?

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow my article where i have covered all the steps with screenshots for creating BB in solution manager directly from Excel

http://www.insiderlearningnetwork.com/go/publication/article/How%20to%20Quickly%20Create%20Business%...

thanks

prakhar

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravish,

1. We cannot have more than 3 nodes in business process structure. You need to tweak in your HP ALM business process to fit into 3 level structure

2. We can build entire business process structure from Excel application, but this is available as Consulting Service from SAP

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Imran