cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error [Setup]Connection to P4 port of managed system failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaps,

I'm banging my head against the wall that is SMD setup between solman and my portal.  I'm setting up the Managed System configuration, stage 7.  Most of the activities are green except for SSO, HTTP Trace Setup and Byte Code Adapter Installation.  The portal log files are consistently reporting a P4 connection issue. The user credentials are okay and tested and I can see that the process has connected in the Windows System Logs. Telnet to the P4 port is fine.  An example of the error is:

Remote error : Connection to P4 port of managed system failed
Details
Failed to connect, P4 port=50104 SID=SPL Instance Number=01
Connection error to SAP System sid [SPL/null], more details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found(cause=java.io.IOException invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)
Exception
com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4ConnectionException: Connection error to SAP System sid [SPL/null], more details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.prepareP4Exception(P4ConnectionService.java:139)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:101)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:65)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:39)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SetupManager.newP4ctx(SetupManager.java:128)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:133)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:92)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.parseMSResponse(LoadBalancerImpl.java:114)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.getAllAccessPoints(LoadBalancerImpl.java:80)
at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.CrossObjectBroker.getDestination(CrossObjectBroker.java:92)
at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:339)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:80)
... 10 more

Any bright ideas welcome! 

Thanks,

Graham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

It seems like that you are trying to connect the smd agent through message server.

Moreever check whether the host entries are maintained on solman and managed system respectively

On solman host file->maintain the manage system host name

On manage system host file -> maintain the solman host name.

Kindly follow the Steps below:

1. logon to the manage system with user daaadm user.

2. /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<instance>/script directory and run the script.

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<solmanhostname>" port:"5$$04" user:"solman_admin" pwd:"

XXXXX" servername:"managesystemhostname"

3. Restart the SMDAgent.

4. Goto the directory  /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<instance>/SMDAgent/log directory and checked the logs

SMDSystem.x.logs.

Kindly update on this.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Your advice has been helpful in confirming how to connect the agent to Solman.  The agent was connecting before and continues to do so on th P4 port.  However, I still have the following error in connecting the managing agent in solman:

The log file states:

Jan 8, 2013 12:22:27 PM [Thread[Thread-21,5,main]] Error      [Setup]Connection to P4 port of managed system failed

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4ConnectionException: Connection error to SAP System sid [SPL/null], more details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:

java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.prepareP4Exception(P4ConnectionService.java:139)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:101)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:65)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:39)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SetupManager.newP4ctx(SetupManager.java:128)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:133)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:92)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.parseMSResponse(LoadBalancerImpl.java:114)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.getAllAccessPoints(LoadBalancerImpl.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.CrossObjectBroker.getDestination(CrossObjectBroker.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:339)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:80)

... 10 more

So, even though the agent is connected, deploying the Host Adapter, Byte Code Adapter, etc do not work.

Any other idea?

Graham

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

You need to maintain the parameter enter system parameters :

Please follow the below notes :

1678469 - Create Users step fails with "Connection to P4 port of managed system failed"

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all - between the notes recommended I've got all bar one authorisation issue resolved now and I can see the portal in Solman Diagnostics. 

Your help is much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last one on this:  the Byte Code Adapter will not install:

Operation Failed - SPL - 14946750: - java.rmi.RemoteException: Problem getting VMManager; nested exception is:
com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.VMManagerP4Exception: com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4AuthorizationException: Access is denied to SAP System sid [SPL/01]: check the connection credentials.More details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

This is odd as setting the user correctly in the agent config sorted out the other problems.  Do you know which user account it is trying to use?  Administrator or SM_COLL_<SID> ?  The accounts both exist and I'm confident that the passwords are set correctly.

thanks,

Graham

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

In step "Enter system parameter" you have to check the user and password given are correct. Additionally, please check the user credentials given in create user steps are correct.

Divyanshu

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Check the user SM_COLL_<SOLMAN_SID> in the step 5 of the managed system configuration. Fix the credentials for this user. It should solve the bytecode adapter issue.

When this user is created it created with intial password, so make it a productive password.Also check whether this user is locked or not.

Moreever,

check the SAP Note 1647157 - How to Set up Access to the SPML Service on AS Java

This role must be asigned to the j2ee user which you are using in Enter system parameter.

This will resolve your issue.

With Regards

Ashutosh

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Does it work for you?

With Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

The SM_COLL_<SID> user exists in the managed system - sap portal - with an initial password.  Test login works, but I can't log on as the user to change it as we have SSO with spnego running so the portal keeps logging me on as myself.  When I do the set up I get the error:

E:CL_DIAGSTP_MESSAGE:483 Administrator

Not sure what this means, but it's not right. 

Still working on it and thanks for your input.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok - done - hurrah!

The last message:

E:CL_DIAGSTP_MESSAGE:483 Administrator

meant that the Administrator user also required the portal role MY_SPML_FULL_ACCESS_ROLE

Once added, the byte code adapter works. 

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Graham

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Nice to hear that , Graham

Regarding the MY_SPML_FULL_ACCESS_ROLE it is mentioned in the sapnote which i told you.

Kindly grant point.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make connection by message server using script  managingconf

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://solmanFQDN" port:"8101" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"password"

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Please see the section "Direct Solman registration" in the below wiki and see if it can help any means.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-DirectSolutionMana...

Thanks,

Jagadish.