Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error [Setup]Connection to P4 port of managed system failed

Chaps,

I'm banging my head against the wall that is SMD setup between solman and my portal.  I'm setting up the Managed System configuration, stage 7.  Most of the activities are green except for SSO, HTTP Trace Setup and Byte Code Adapter Installation.  The portal log files are consistently reporting a P4 connection issue. The user credentials are okay and tested and I can see that the process has connected in the Windows System Logs. Telnet to the P4 port is fine.  An example of the error is:

Remote error : Connection to P4 port of managed system failed
Details
Failed to connect, P4 port=50104 SID=SPL Instance Number=01
Connection error to SAP System sid [SPL/null], more details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found(cause=java.io.IOException invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)
Exception
com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4ConnectionException: Connection error to SAP System sid [SPL/null], more details about the error in agent 'sapportal' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.prepareP4Exception(P4ConnectionService.java:139)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:101)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:65)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:39)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SetupManager.newP4ctx(SetupManager.java:128)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:133)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:92)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: invalid response from message server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.parseMSResponse(LoadBalancerImpl.java:114)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.LoadBalancerImpl.getAllAccessPoints(LoadBalancerImpl.java:80)
at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.CrossObjectBroker.getDestination(CrossObjectBroker.java:92)
at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:339)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:80)
... 10 more

Any bright ideas welcome! 

Thanks,

Graham

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Graham,

You need to maintain the parameter enter system parameters :

Please follow the below notes :

1678469 - Create Users step fails with "Connection to P4 port of managed system failed"

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question