Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload PDF file in Webdynpro ABAP

former_member206454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

I have developed an webdynpro application in which I have to upload a PDF file  . This application will be integrated into portal later on . Now I would like to know for uploading PDF what I have to do . and what part will be taken care at the time of Portal integration. So Right now I am just developing the application in R3 so what I am suppose to do to upload PDF file.

Regards.

Kumar Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

thanks for the reply, how ever I would like to know what I need to do with the path which I will get after file upload..how to use that path to save PDF file .

former_member184497
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are FM that are used to read file based on path.

Some of FM's are

RZL_READ_FILE

RZL_READ_FILE_LOCAL

RZL_READ_FILE_REMOTE

RZL_READ_FILE_REMOTE_SH

or try using class

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES

For uploading into system, check whether your going to use DMS concept or just upload the data into FTP path. This one will be based on your business requirement.

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

1. create upload ui element in the view and bind with context elements for retrieve the file.

2. after the retrieve the file save some where( database) or application server.

3.create a application for above wd component

4. create a ivew for integrating above application in the portal.

5. test

regards,

Kishorekumar

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to save the uploaded file to data base.? If so, Create an attribute file_data of type XSTRING in the context and in the properties of file upload UI, bind the 'data' to the created attribute.

Now in the onAction of a button(or any) to save the file, read the attribute file_data and save to DB.

check this wiki for reference:  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Upload+and+Download+files+in+Webdynpro+ABAP

note: To save to DB, you need to create a filed of type RAWSTRING.

hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206454
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all...Issue resolved..

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use fileUpload UI for uploading files. there is no special adding for portal integration, this will work well in portal as well.

Regards,

Kiran