Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering tax base manually into SAP

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I created one PO (service) where basic price is Rs.1,00,000 and Tax is 5%.

I did service entry sheet and amount got correctly posted. When I am doing MIRO, my requirement is that tax should be calculated on Rs.80000.

I went to MIRO and selected that purchase order. I selected line item and tax code. But system is calculating tax on Rs.100000. I want to change base amount manually. But system is not allowing me to change base amount.

Please tell me how to change service tax base amount in MIRO

--

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Shihab is correct please try as per his indication.

It will fix you issue.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Kindly refer the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fb/078ba835e1d311ba4d0800060d888b/content.htm

Thanks,

Harin Khakhkhar

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can go for change base amount, give base amount in tax tab then click on net amount it will calculate tax on the manual amount. For this you have configure Change Field Control for Tax Base Amount and check tax base for your tax procedure.

hope this will help you

Regards

Pankaj

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where to configure this. Please let me know.

sreeharli_tokala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Pankaj Pandey,

Thank you for your valuable reply in your answer  i have changed --> Change Field Control for Tax Base Amount

i got Base mount field but system not calculating on Base mount it's calculating on Total invoice amount i even if i given base amount system automatically changing the base amount as total invoice amount.

and you said "check tax base for your tax procedure" what can i check ? can you tell me the what is the procedure.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreehari.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

It is not recommended to change the base amount manually during transaction, it will be difficult during Tax report generation.

If you are entering tax base amount manually , you have to use the net proposal check box to calculate the tax amount on the basis of new tax base amount otherwise the system will take the old value

Please check the attachment.

sreeharli_tokala
Participant
0 Kudos

Tahank you Very much shihab.

this is the exactly Solution for my problem.

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this 80% is standard requirement for you, then we can think of 2 ways.

1. If you are calculating the Service through Withholding tax, then you can change the base amount in tax code to 80%.

2. If it is through Tax procedure and tax code in FTXP, change the tax base to 80% for that condition type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change setting in FB00 transaction for check box "Calculate Tax on Net Amount"

However please note that this is a user setting and apply to that user only.

In case, business want to apply for all users, then change the setting in the company code customization in OBY6 transaction.

Regards,

Gaurav

sampat_kumkar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

At P O level create two line items once 80,000 and 20,000 and apply tax code for first line item and for

second zero tax code so that in MIRO  tax code will be calculated on first line item only.

Hope its helpful

Sampath