cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am new to SAP and need help.

Can someone please tell me the functionality in SAP ME that would be used to do the following:

1. Maintain Part Numbers ( Maintain/update variables associated with part numbers, create revisions for existing part numbers)

2. Maintain Family List (Maintain/update product family i.e. add new products and sorting them)

3. Maintain Size List ( Maintain/update the dimensions of the product and sorting them)

4. Maintain User List ( Maintain/update User List and Sort list by ID, login or level)

5. Maintain Armor Tolerance (Maintain/update Tolerance specifications for selected variables)

6. Maintain Draw Specification ( Maintain/update draw specifications per part number and adding new parts)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the replies.

Except for the below mentioned rest of the the functionalities I was able to figure out.

2. Maintain Family List (Maintain/update product family i.e. add new products and sorting them)-  Here the family is the finished product family. I am not sure that can be configured using material group maintainance.

4. Maintain User List ( Maintain/update User List and Sort list by ID, login or level)-- Here under the user maintainance and user group maintainance I can't find a method to list and sort all the users.

5. Maintain Armor Tolerance (Maintain/update Tolerance specifications for selected variables)-- There are some tolerance tests being conducted on the finished product to encure its quality.

6. Maintain Draw Specification ( Maintain/update draw specifications per part number and adding new parts)-- The manufacturing process includes drawing of copper wires to make the product and draw specifications for different wires needs to be maintained.

Thanks

Karamjeet

0 Kudos

Hi Karamjeet,

2. Maintain Family List (Maintain/update product family i.e. add new products and sorting them)-  Here the family is the finished product family. I am not sure that can be configured using material group maintainance.

To understand the purpose of Material Maitnenance and Materail Group Maitenance, please open each activity and click on question mark in blue circle in the right upper corner of the activity frame - this will bring you to SAP ME online help describing these activities.

4. Maintain User List ( Maintain/update User List and Sort list by ID, login or level)-- Here under the user maintainance and user group maintainance I can't find a method to list and sort all the users.

User Maintenance shows all users in Browse For User window only: open the maintance and click on browse icon next to "User ID" field.

"Users" tab of User Group Maintenance displays the list of all available users and the list of users assigned to a particular group that you have retrieved.

5. Maintain Armor Tolerance (Maintain/update Tolerance specifications for selected variables)-- There are some tolerance tests being conducted on the finished product to encure its quality.

This might be implemented by means of Data Collection process. Please consult the How-To Guide available at SAP ME Wiki page.

6. Maintain Draw Specification ( Maintain/update draw specifications per part number and adding new parts)-- The manufacturing process includes drawing of copper wires to make the product and draw specifications for different wires needs to be maintained.

Please check this How-To Guide.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Material maintenance

2. Material Group maintenance

3. There are material dimensions fields in Material Maintenance.

4. User Maintenance, User Group Maintenance.

5-6. No sure what armor tolerance and draw mean.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karamjeet,

For the first requirement you can do them in Material Maintenance itself. For user list maintenance you can do it with User Maintenance and UserGroup Maintenance. Iam not clear with the rest of the requirements, so to my knowledge I guess you need customization for size,armor tolerance and draw.

But for better understanding can u explain what do you mean by PART,PRODUCT FAMILY,TOLERANCE and DRAW.

Thanks

Anudeep KM