cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DIRECTORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people i have a problem

i have installed a sap system in c: but now the space was full and the system go down. I must move the SAP into another directory , for example d: . How i can do it? I don't want to reinstall sap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what's the problem, the database or the sap directory size?

which database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Database is not a problem. The problem is the directory size. The DB was also in another directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the \usr\sap directory structure does normaly not contain more than 5 GB disk space. thererfore I would not expect it to cause major problems.

The database size on disk is typically much larger.

The easiest way to move it:

use ntbackup to create a backup of the c:\usr\sap directory structure to a backupfile.

restore this backup on a different drive (lets say d:).

after that you stop everything (all SAP related services etc, no programs opened (sapmmc etc)).

rename the c:\usr\sap directory to sapold. Do not use Windows Explorer for renaming, because it will also rename COM Objects and Typelibraries stored on this directory structure).

create a link c:\usr\sap with linkd.exe (Windows Server Resource kit) or junction.exe (www.sysinternals.com) pointing to d:\usr\sap

startup everything.

If all is running fine, you can delete c:\usr\sapold

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do it and all go fine. But i trie it on a Dev System to see if it's all ok. Now i wanto to reverse the system. I Delete all the connection , i delete the directory and redo backup of the original in the original positio. But something don't work. Sapmmc now don't see no one system. How i can resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to start the sap services using the services.msc.

are they started, which error message did you get if not.

have a look at the application log of Windows Event viewer

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it. The proble is that i have lost the shared folder. The sapmn and saploc folder don't point with the right folder.

Thanks

Answers (0)