Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set_window_position

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to set popup window position by using the set_window_position method with no success (the window is always centered).

lo_window->SET_WINDOW_POSITION( exporting top = '100' left = '100' ).

I read some threads from 2009 that this functionality is not available and will be in the future.

We're in the year 2013...

Is it possible to set window position for WDA popup window? if yes, how can I do that?

We're on NW 7.31 SP3.

Regards,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

SET_WINDOW_POSITION is will work only in ehp2, it wont work in higher version of ehp2 .

In later versions sap framework was change the position of window automatically. This is mentioned clearly in sap guidelines and it not allowed right now.

regards,

Kishorekumar

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where exactly it is written?

Basically you're saying that in 7.00 EHP2,  a programmer can set position and in 7.30 EHP1 (which is newer) SAP decides the position.

Does it make any sense? SAP 'opened' an option just for 7.00 EHP2 and close it in newer releases?

Can you please give me a link to the relevant SAP guidelines?

p.s

Then again, everything is possible with SAP. In Web Dynpro Java we've waited 7 years for an option to move a popup window )-:

Regards,

Omri

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

It is mentioned here in the NW 73 documentation on Working with Dialog Boxes. According to documentation, it is also not possible in NW 70 EhP2.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I read the documentation in help.sap.com but according to note 1003826:

It is not possible to change the size or position of a dialog box in the source code.

The following methods have no effect:

IF_WD_WINDOW~SET_WINDOW_POSITION

IF_WD_WINDOW~SET_WINDOW_POSITION_CONTROL

IF_WD_WINDOW~SET_WINDOW_SIZE

The following parameters of the IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER~CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM method are also ineffective:

WINDOW_LEFT_POSITION

WINDOW_TOP_POSITION

WINDOW_POSITION

WINDOW_WIDTH

WINDOW_HEIGHT

The function described here is available as of Enhancement Package 2 for SAP_BASIS 700.

I opened a message but I guess in this case help.sap.com is correct and SAP should fix the note.

The note title is "WDA: Changing the size of a dialog box" but the content refers to both size and position (only the size part is true).

Regards,

Omri