SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Accounting and Sponsored class derivation

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In FI-AA we have around 10 asset classes, on sponsored project our client receives budget for various items falling in one asset class. E.g in computer and accessories , he might receive budget for Tablet ,Laptop and Desktop PC separately hence they need to record their budget and report them separately. Sponsored classes have been created for them. Now when it comes to derivation , i am confused how will i be deriving sponsored class for a same asset class. In FM-BCS i was using FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET to map asset class field to USERTEMP1 and hence setting a derivation based on USERTEMP1 (asset class) and Cost center to derive Fund center and commitment items. When it comes GM i can not use this criteria because of multiple sponsored classes falling in an asset class for a sponsored project. Please share your experience of deriving sponsored class when creating asset master.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artif,

In asset master, there are four fields ANLA-ORD41, 42, 43, 44. They serve the purpose of classifying assets in any way you want. You can configure one of them and utilize it to derive sponsored class.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artif,

In asset master, there are four fields ANLA-ORD41, 42, 43, 44. They serve the purpose of classifying assets in any way you want. You can configure one of them and utilize it to derive sponsored class.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Thanks i resolved the issue by making use of asset super number which in our case is asset sub class for reporting purpose.

Regards