cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale order type H (returns)

0 Kudos

Hi, we are using SAP SD for our sales, and for return orders we see the some reference number in VBAK-XBLNR, but could not figure out what document it is referencing. please help to understand. i am pretty new to SAP SD.

Regards

Ramakrishna Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramakrishna,

As an extra / side comment, you are discussing about VBAK-XBLNR i.e. return order's reference field. But in VTFL, it describes copy control of Delivery > Billing document.

So, you are investigating return order & you have found some information in copy control about (delivery to) billing document.

0 Kudos

Hi Thank you for the prompt answer, i have checked in the VFTL and found that the reference number configured to be A (Purchase Order).

Thanks Again

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna Reddy

While Creating a sales order for returns, you can either choose a reference document such as a previous order or previous invoice . If its order then the indicator is C or for invoice its M . So just check which is the referencing document you got for the returns and revert if any more questions.

Regards

JNM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rama,

I'm not sure either im answering your question or not. There are many ways to check on the reference to the sales order.In standard sap configuration....return sales order must have a reference to the original sales order. You can go to document flow to check what is the reference to the sales order. Or you can go copy rules to check it is copying from which order type.

Thanks

Sherry