Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external file attachment during doing usage decision in qa02 or qa12

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are implementing SAP DMS. Scenario 1: For iso procedure we want to attach inspection report / test certificate in the inspection lot. How can we attach in qa02 /qa12. Any one of them. Scenario 2: suppose i have attached them with the help of development but then during audit when required i will have to show that what all attachments were attached in that particular inspection lot. How can i achieve this two scenario?

speaking of scenario 1: How do i do that ? i have checked but could not get any field/tab where i can attach in qa02 /qa12. There is one such option in qi02 where sap provides a standard procedure to attach documents based on doc types. I have seen that. How can i have same in these t codes through development, considering the fact its not there in standard.

Scenario 2: after i have attached them considering the fact that there is some way i will make this happen.... how do i retrieve this through a report.

I would like to know that if done through developments then how to ...  a little guidance would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the attachment of files or documents in QA02, you can create links to document info records or you can use the Generic Object Services (GOS) button to add files to an attachment list.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher ,

Thanks for your answer.

Now I am having some issues regarding this. Is services for object regarded as generic services for object(GOS)?

We have implemented DMS ftp type server.

If that is so then in qa12, I am having services for object. I am going to attach the document/s for inspection report in qa12 while doing usage decision lot. Will that attachment go and store/save in a standalone FTP type server and not in sap application server (that is the reason why we have implemented dms). If that attachment goes and save then how ? any special config required from functional consultant  / technical consultant?

As you have quoted”Regarding the attachment of files or documents in QA02, you can create links to document info records”,

What does creating links to DIR mean?

I would like to tell you what I am doing:

In CV01n  I am creating doc info record for every lot that I am doing usage decision. That creates a Doc number and DIR number. Simultaneously a unique lengthy number is storing in DRAW table under field FILE P (ORIGINAL OF DOCUMENT).  That is the naming convention for the pdf attachment that is storing in ftp standalone server, for ex: prg0000011111110088. It is just for example.

Since we did not get any such tab/field in qa12/1qa11, like one present in material master/ quality info record (quality arrangement tab) so we have decided to create a Z t code and there assign the lot number and the attachments. In background it will get stored in z table. The work scenario will be same as like it happens in respect to draw table.

Please tell me if my logic is right? You can very well suggest me your views also.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

any answer?