cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block the sales office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently using two sales offices 2100 & 2600. The management has decided not to use 2600. Accordingly we have moved all the customers from 2600 sales office to 2100. But the users are manually entering the sales office 2600 in the sales orders.

To prevent this, we are planning to delete the assignment of sales office (2600) to the sales area. Please advise if this deletion will affect any historical data. Is there any other way so we can prevent the sales from sales office 2600.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To prevent this, we are planning to delete the assignment of sales office (2600) to the sales area. Please advise if this deletion will affect any historical data. Is there any other way so we can prevent the sales from sales office 2600.

No problem ,you can delete "Assignment of Sales Area to Sales Office" .No effect on Historical Data.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the Management is sure that Sales Office 2600 will not be used in future, just delete the assignment & this will not effect the historical data.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for your replies.

We have removed the assignment of sales office to the sales area.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zia ,

One more thing. Please make sure that there are no open sales order or delivery which is having Sales Office 2600. I think when you create the follow on documents, you might face the issue.

Please test and check the above mentioned point also.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu nanjan wrote:

Hi Zia ,

One more thing. Please make sure that there are no open sales order or delivery which is having Sales Office 2600. I think when you create the follow on documents, you might face the issue.

Please test and check the above mentioned point also.

Hi Vinu...What kind of issues can be expected while creating the follow on documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since Sales Office is not there, system might the error that sales office doesn't exist. i am not sure whether it will stop creating the follow on document or it will through the error while creating.

Because in the sales order you have Sales office. When you create the Delivery document, it will flow to the delivery. At that time, system will validate the information. In your case, the sales office is not available now. so it should throw the error.

I haven't tested it.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu nanjan wrote:

Because in the sales order you have Sales office. When you create the Delivery document, it will flow to the delivery. At that time, system will validate the information. In your case, the sales office is not available now. so it should throw the error.

I haven't tested it.

Thanks for your reply. Here in this scenario...the sales office still exists and not deleted. They are deleting only the assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that still you will face the issue as system will search for the assignment and fail.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu nanjan wrote:

I think that still you will face the issue as system will search for the assignment and fail.

To my knowledge, assignments are maintained only for (automatically) defaulting a value and for relation between organizational objects. As long as the sales office exists, it shouldn't create any problem in the above scenario. Anyways, as you will be checking in the system, we will wait for understanding the actual system behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Eventhough Sales Office exist, it is not assigned to the sales area. So during the delivery process, system will validate(assuming) whether the sales office is assigned to sales area.

Unfortunately i dont have good IDES system to test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

As best practice, Hard coding should not be done in any of the developments. Sometimes it happens.

In our case, we fetch the address on the output forms(Sales Order/ Billing) based on the Sales office. For a particular Sales Office, they need the address to be printed only in Capital letters. So they hard coded the sales office so that only for that sales office, it will print in CAP Letter.

If i would have  prepared the FD, i would not suggested to hardcore it. It should have been handled in other ways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zia ,

As others mentioned, there will not be any impact on the historial data. Please make sure that the sales office 2600 is not hard coded in any of your developments(User Exit, Output Program, etc....

Moreover you should instruct the users to change the variant if they are using the sales office as selection criteria for any of their report.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

Very good post! Thank you!

From your experience / knowledge could you please give some examples of objects where sales offices was / is hardcoded?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hard Code means Fixed Format of the Data in the programs instead of that data getting from external source or any other sources .This is done by ABAPer or else functional Consultants also done when they know programs and process only .This decision taken by Management before doing this .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ziauddin,

Do you have any "open" sales orders (billing document not yet created)? In those cases be careful to remove the assignment of Sales office to Sales area.

As testing, go in to develpment system (DEV), Sandbox -

Create / search for sales orders that were created with the Sales office.

Remove the assignment.

Extract reports - Do you see any issues?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zia

There is another way to do this. You can control this with authorization too. What if tomorrow management decided to use this sales office for some other purpose. You will again assign this to all sales areas. I think you should leave this assignment and only remove this sales office from user's role by using authorization object V_VBKA_VKO. If this authorization object doesn't work then you can create your own in SU21 and add authority check logic in MV45AFZZ.

You have both the options but before changing any customization always see the effects in long run. If you think deleting assignment is best option then go for it or otherwise control this with authorization object.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Thank you for your post!

What if tomorrow management decided to use this sales office for some other purpose. You will again assign this to all sales areas.

What do you mean by "some other purpose"?

And what is the harm / risk / disadvantage in again assigning to sales areas?

Are you talking about the work-load of assigning a sales office to many sales areas?

Note: OP has mentioned only one sales area.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

For some other purpose means If management again asked to use this sales office with some new name or for some control purpose or due to any reason. I am saying this because I have experienced this. We don't know when management people ask us that please revert back the same. This assignment is for one sale area or one hundred sale areas, if we can control this with authorization then why we take risk by deleting customization. Although this deletion will not effect historical data because all reports are fetching data from VBAK and VBAP tables where sales office is saved but I don't think so deleting assignment is good option.

I have given my personnel opinion based on my experience and knowledge and OP should go for what he feels convenient for him.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already ,he said as we are currently using two sales offices 2100 & 2600. The management has decided not to use 2600. Accordingly we have moved all the customers from 2600 sales office to 2100.

The Management or Client only decided to take actions on their business transactions what they want to use in their process .Any body dosent do/hope  effectively on their process .

If they have any requirement with that Assignment then again they make that assignment and continue their process .In this case we should not get any problems .If any problems there ,how can I say as break the assignment ?  

Note : Any way ,your concern way is good .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra

As I Said earlier there will be no problem in deleting assignment because historical data comes from SD tables VBAK,VBAP and VBRP etc and deleting this assignment will not effect the historical data. I just shared my concern that if we can control something with just removing a value (Sales Office) from user's role then we shouldn't change customization. This is just my opinion and I am not enforcing to follow it

Mr. Ziauddin will read all posts and will go for the best suitable and possible solution.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

The OP is benefitted "more" if there are different ideas / possible solutions for his/her to choose from; in order to address the issue.

The post by Moazzam is "very good". His post discusses multiple angles. Furthermore, his suggestion is unique!

Side comment: This we can see from the number of likes his post has received

These kind of posts might help not only the OP but also the readers!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear T W Sir

Thanks for appreciating Sir. I am Totally agreed with you that we should give maximum solutions to OP so that he may chose the best one.

Thanks