SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation strategy help

former_member211711
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear forum

We are setting up derivation strategy for FM and GM.

We appreciate your inputs here.

1. In gmderive we would like to read table SETLEAF but need more than 1 user variabel for the key.

SAP only supplies usertemp1. How to create other user variabel for the table read in gmderive?

2. In fmderive - we have a budget structure for commitment item, 3 levels. Lowest level commitment item is same as G/L account or cost element. 2 levels are above this. We want the derivation for budgeting at the lowest level (level 3) to actually post at top level (level 1). Is it possible to do in the fmderive or do we need a user exit?

Thank you very much

Aleksey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

For your first requirement please go to SE11 and enter GMDERIVE, in it copy component type of field USERTMEP1 and double click on CI_GMDERIVE and you can add field there .

Your second your requirement is not clear, i perceive that level 3 is your budget posting address and other levels are budget addresses on which budget is posted, if you look at the SPRO...PSM...FM...Master Data...Use of account assignment element...Define derivation rules for Budget structure...Any combination you deem suitable can comprise your Budget address for deriving budget address.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

For your first requirement please go to SE11 and enter GMDERIVE, in it copy component type of field USERTMEP1 and double click on CI_GMDERIVE and you can add field there .

Your second your requirement is not clear, i perceive that level 3 is your budget posting address and other levels are budget addresses on which budget is posted, if you look at the SPRO...PSM...FM...Master Data...Use of account assignment element...Define derivation rules for Budget structure...Any combination you deem suitable can comprise your Budget address for deriving budget address.

Regards

0 Kudos

Dear Atif, this did not quite answer the question, but by looking in the area you helpfully mentioned I could see that it is possible to read budget structure for a commitment item and get the top parent node in the budget structure. So this satisfies our requirement.

Thank you!

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello , please could you give more details about your question #2?

I don't undestand what do u want. Give some examples

Regards!

Ps, great info about ! Thanks very much!