cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW IS HANA TO BE FOR ABAPERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I am a certified ABAP guy with expertise in mm also. i have a work experience of one year and i too have a fair idea about basic concepts in BI can i start learning HANA will it really help me, how come it will be helpful in my career.if i can do i am looking forward to do certification . please any one guide me weather  i  can do  ha_100 or ha_200 or ha_300 also where i can do certification and the cost for it.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

to add to what Ravi has already written: you find the ABAP for HANA community here.

We have recently published a series of blogs summarizing what we have presented during SAP TechEd. Best regards

Thorsten

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

There are multiple threads on this topic on this forum. You can always refer to those, but I'd like to add another point.

There is new ABAP 7.4 coming up for HANA, in which you can build ABAP applications for HANA. The new version of ABAP will have new HANA specific constructs which will be helpful for creating faster applications in ABAP. although it is planned towards end of this year, I'd recommend you to go for that rather than moving completely into standalone HANA architecture.

You can refer to the HANA ABAP forum for more information and learn how ABAP is being used on HANA.

It won't hurt to get certified on the current curriculum of HANA, but in my opinion the ABAP on HANA version 7.4 will be more relevant to you.

Regards,

Ravi