Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solmanup fails to create service in INSTALL_SCS_SERVICE_ADDIN

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading our Solman 7.0 EhP1 to Solman 7.1 on Windows 2008 server. The downtime phase stops in INSTALL_SCS_SERVICE_ADDIN.

If I look at the logs I see that it is trying to create the instance services using SAPSTARTSRV.EXE command, but the command fails with error "Cannot Install Service.  Create Service failed: 421. The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified".

Here's the command it is running:

c:\usr\sap\BWS\SCS01\exe\sapstartsrv.exe -r -q -p c:\usr\sap\BWS\SYS\profile\START_SCS01_CASOLMAN -s BWS -n 1 -U SAPServiceBWS -P <SecureField> -e casolman\bwsadm

The command should be:

c:\usr\sap\BWS\SCS01\exe\sapstartsrv.exe -r -q -p c:\usr\sap\BWS\SYS\profile\START_SCS01_CASOLMAN -s BWS -n 1 -U hostname\SAPServiceBWS -P <SecureField> -e casolman\bwsadm

I was able to create the service successfylly using the command manually, but when running the Solmanup tools the service gets deleted and it tries to recreate it without using the hostname\SAPservice<SID> again and fails.

What file do I need to modify to make that command run with the hostname in front of the SAP service account?

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I finally got the answer from SAP on this issue. see SAP note#

Solution

1) Stop SAPJup

2) Browse to the <jupgrade-dir>\data\variables directory

3) Open the J2EE data model file called JUP.J2EE.DataModel.xml

4) Search for /J2EE/ServiceUser/UserName

5) The value of this variable is <hostname>\SAPService<SID>, where

<hostname> is the central instance host name and <SID> is the system name.

6) Replace this value with <domain>\SAPService<SID>, where <domain> is the

domain in which the SAPService<SID> user was created.

7) Start SAPJup and repeat the failed phase.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Maybe this is due to the password policy on the server.

Try to disable or relax the password policies if possible and retry.

Cheers

RB

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I already done that and the command runs fine if I run it manually using the hostname\sapserviceSID.

The only problem is the upgrade tools are not including the hostname in front of the service account name and the command fails.

If I create the service manually the upgrade tool deletes it and try to recreate with the bad command again. There's must be a way to change the way that command runs in the upgrade process.

But thanks for the tip.