cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture - WD4A on Portal ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any major drawbacks from a architecture point of view to having a WD4A application residing on the portal abap stack and retrieving the business data from the ECC AS?

Reson for developing on the portal abap stack is for the "newer" WD4A functionalities that a newer version of Netweaver will offer as opposed to the lowever ECC 6 EHP3 netweaver version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"portal abap stack" excuse me, what? Portal is deployed on the Java stack, AS JAVA. If you happen to have a dual stack installation then fine but the portal is still deployed on the Java stack.

Regarding the topic where to develop your WDA applications, I would develop the WDA applications as close to the persistence layer as possible. In your case if the WDA applications will be accessing the ECC database I would develop the WDA applications on the ECC system even if it is running an older NetWeaver release. But that's just me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli for your comments. Yes I know Portal runs on the JAVA but if one was to use the ABAP stack for the WD4A is that common. Just trying to see what others will have to say. I agree the closer to the data with less hops the better.