Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Points wrong on Billing Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have issue with Shipping Points.

I create Sales Order Line with Shipping Point Z001 and create Outbound Delivery for the Sales Order Line with Shipping Point Z002.

However, the Shipping Point on Billing Line that has been created from the Outbound Delivery is Z001, not is Z002.

I want to Shipping Point on Billing Line is Z002, that means, the Billing Line gets Shipping Point from Outbound Delivery but not from Sales Order Line.

Please help me solve this issue

Thanks,

BinhTC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tran,

Why is your client having the option of having different shipping points for the item in the Sales order & for the same item in the delivery?

The shipping point decided in the Sales order should be followed in the delivery process too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I use the solution becasue: When create Sales Order, I know the Shipping Point that issue goods.

I have a plant with 10 Storage Locations, include:

1. 3 storage locations belong to Shipping Point A,
  2. 3 storage location belong to Shipping Point B
  3. 4 storage location belong to Shipping Point C.

and I want to security Outbound Delivery base on Shipping Point.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

BinhTC

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tran,

I still don't understand why the shipping point in sales order item is not / can not be same as the shipping point in the delivery?

Side comment:

- If during creation of sales order user has given shipping point A.

- Later it is known that the shipping point would be different (say B)

- then first in VA02, the shipping point should be changed (to B).

- And then delivery should be created (with shipping point B).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your requirement is quite opposite to standard way of business transactions .The shipping point is determined in Sales order level.This data automatically copied into delivery level .This is standard .but you wants to Delivery level Shipping Point to be update in Billing level. I think ,the Management as finally decided shipping point in delivery level right .If yes ,you created Sales Order and went to create Delivery ,here your shipping point decided what they want ,just go to VA02 and change shipping point and go to delivery and  maintain Shipping point in VL02N .If you see like this way,very simple.

I want to security Outbound Delivery base on Shipping Point.

Can you explain a little bit about your comment ?What does mean ?

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you reconfirm you statement that the shipping point in sale order is different from PGId delivery ?  Why I am asking this is because you cannot have two shipping points in Shipping Point determination for the same combination.  Perhaps, you can have manual shipping point assigned but even with that settings, when I tried to differentiate the shipping point in VL01N for a sale order where there is one line item, system was giving the following error message

Item 000010: delivery split because of different shipping points

Message no. VL037

and I could not proceed further.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

The Shipping Point on Outbound Delivery is difference with it on the Sales Order Line.

I config Copyng Control: Sales Document to Delivery Document with such as: