Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to register BB 9800 device

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I stucked on registering BB 9800 v6.0.0 device on SCC. I am able to register 9800 simulator and no problem with it. I can ping sup server and also i can call scc in device no problem.

I am wondering if anyone has registered BB 9800 device with sup 2.1.3 sp2 container ? what could be problem ?

Thanks in advance

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please refer to this doc in case of more questions.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

@Sujith, As it manager told me its a registered user on BES server. But i haven't checked Enterprise activation on device. I'll check it and give you feedback.

Thank you

Regards

Tahir

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

If the BES is in same network then you can directly connect to SCC using ip address. If the BES is in different network you have to use relayserver to connect.

regards,

Shivakishore

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakishore, the problem resolved. BES and SUP weren't in same network.

Thank you.

Regards

Tahir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to connect without BES or MDS. Enterprise activation is must for device.

Has this been done?

Best Regards,

Sujith

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Are you using a relay server. When you are trying to register the simulator either the workstation on which you run the simulator is in the same network of the SUP Server hence it registers but a device is not in the same network.

For that there are two options either set up a relay server and use the relay server public ip to connect to the SUP Server or put the SUP Server on public ip (can be a security issue) and try connecting it thru it.

It should work,

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

@Rakshit, its in the same network no need to setup Relay server. I have registered ios and android devices successfully.Its suppose to be something else. Thanks for replying.

Regards

Tahir