Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 & NW 7.31 SPS5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we're upgrading our NW Portal 7.30 to 7.31 SPS5 and it looks like the SAPUI5 framework was fully integrated into this technology stack.

However I couldn't find any documentation on how to integrate SAPUI5 with AbstractPortalComponent  or JSPDynPage and I'd appreciate if you could share some information or pointers in this regard.

Thank you.

Marco

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

unfortunatelly, I have the same question. Have you already found some documentation or example (AbstractPortalComponent), please?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Is there any reason you wish to use the Abstract Portal Component servlet ? Is it because you want to use Portal API's ?

You can still integrate your SAPUI5 apps in the SAP Portal 7.3

Check this link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2012/11/08/how-to-use-sapui5-on-sap-net...

Thanks !

L

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You can use the following approach to integrate SAPUI5 with an AbstractPortalComponent:

1. In NWDS first create a Portal Application Project.

2. In the project structure under /dist folder, create a folder, say html, and create your HTML5 page in this folder.

3. Next create a Portal Application Object inside your portal application project.

4. From the portal application object component's doContent() method, you can make a call to the  HTML5 page like this: (suppose your HTML5 page is named SAPUI5Test.html)

IResource myHtml = request.getResource(

IResource.STATIC_PAGE, "html/SAPUI5Test.html");

if (myHtml.isAvailable()) {

response.include(request, myHtml);

return;

}

String url = myHtml.getResourceInformation().getURL(request);

response.write("Resource is not available: <a href='"

+ url + "'>" + url + "</a><br>");

You can refer to http://scn.sap.com/thread/386151  for more information on this.

Regards,

Saurabh