Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Internal Users for Incident Management

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a BOBJ partner and are in the process of implementing SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Incident Management.

I have done all EGI's etc and the System is working ok but i have a question about setting our internal users up to use the service desk.

What i have done is this:

- Setup users via SU01 and assign them appropriate rights for creating and processing messages - all works ok

What i want to do

-whenever i use one of these users it says:

'Business Partner <username> is not a Business Partner'

Now as we are using this as our internal system, all users should be able to create messages for all customers and also process messages for all customers.

Any ideas how i would achieve this?

Any help very much appreciated,

Thanks

Howard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that link Howard,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/ITSM+Homepage

Once there go to "Information for administrators" there you wil find technical documentation about how to setup incident Management for solution manager 7.1, now replaced with ITSM.

Related to your error, you have to create a Business Partner trough BP transaction, for each user you need a contact person, an Employer and a Business partner view all together relational to a organization as "responsive of" and "employer of".

Once BP creation are done, you have to identify each user in a "identification tab" of each view, you can find information about that on that link:

"Application Incident Management Configuration-Upgrade Guide" page 7

(shared trought dropbox because don't remember where to find on sap marketplace)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lt05b7lk6lxcgi/Application%20Incident%20Management%20Configuration-Upgrad...

tell me if you fond any trouble, actually i am on that set-up process, hope for a few days

Regards,

Luis

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Howard,

ensure you have created corresponding business partners for your SU01 users, e.g. via tcode BP_GEN.

In the BP you need to assign a so called central person (which is the SU01 ID) in the employee section (tab identification).

In addition, you may maintain your processors in the organization model (tcode PPOMA_CRM) e.g. for team determination and/or mail processing.

Regards, Richard