Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data cannot be refreshed immediately in MD04

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sometimes, our company's users found data (e.g. Qty) could not be refreshed immediately in transaction MD04 even if clicking "Refresh" button. Sometimes the refresh time was even delayed for one day, e.g.

Quotation with Qty 10

After SO with Qty 5 was created with ref. to the Quotation, it could not be refreshed as below even if clicking "Refresh" button -

Quotation with Qty 5

SO with Qty 5

Could you advise how to solve this problem ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that performance issues cause a delay of an entire day. Such performance issues would affect any of your processes and not just a single sales order.

I think this has just specific to the sales order, maybe it is credit blocked. Best you check the change log of this sales order and see if you see any changes there that could potentially have caused this effect

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen L,

Thanks for your reply. My above case is related to updating Quotation Qty (after SO was created with ref. to the Quotation) in MD04. I just found no change log for the relevant Quotation & SO and also there is no Credit Management function in our company.

Could you / other expert(s) advise if any other idea / solution on this ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you mean by updating of quotation quantity. do you expect to see the quotation quantity in MD04?

Was the SO in MD04 before you "updated the quotation quantity"?

was it in MD04 the day after with different quantities?

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my example in the 1st msg -

Originally, Quotation with Qty 10 in MD04.

Then, SO with Qty 5 was created with ref. to the Quotation, but MD04 could not be immediately refreshed as below even if clicking "Refresh" button -

Quotation with Qty 5

SO with Qty 5

Sometimes the refresh time was even delayed for one day.

Any idea / solution ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is probably not what SAPs design is, please compare with knowledge base article

1516971 - Incorrect Sales document referenced in make-to-order

and the note 16658 mentioned in there.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP notes 1516971 & 16658 should not be related to my above case. Is it related to the SAP note

89892 ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depends on your SAP release, if you are in a release between 3.0 and 4.0, then the answer is yes, in any other case NO.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Our SAP Release is "710 (checked from "Customised Local Layout - About")" so any other suggestion on this ? 

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Active Contributor Platinum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok Ho Fong,

It seems to be some performance issue with the system at that particular transaction. Take the help of abaper and basis to check the performance of the system.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S.Himavanth,

Thanks for your help. Could you also advise which transaction(s) can be executed to improve performance of the system ?

Tks,

KH Fong

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Basis Expert can answer my above question ? Need your advice. Tks.