cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable user independant layout variants in SALV_WD_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can I enable the maintenance and save of user independant layout variants in an ALV-table of SALV_WD_TABLE component?

Actually users can only save user specific variants.

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I noticed you posted a new comment to the thread I mentioned above.

"Is it possible to enable some key-users to maintain system variants and all the others only user variants?"

I doubt Thomas will reply since that discussion is rather old (2008), but nevertheless, Thomas' existing reply also answers your question:

"Just run the application in Administrative Mode (Assuming you have the correct authorizations to do so)."

If you provide your key users the appropriate authorization and launch the application with URL parameter sap-config-mode=X, your key users will be able to save global layout variants but users without this authorization will not. I recommend not granting S_DEVELOP to users since it is intended for developers, so S_WDR_P13N is preferable, especially since you can restrict authorization to particular WDA applications.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

do you know if it is possible to copy one users variant to another user? How can I realize that? (I myself couldn't find a solution for this. There is no option in administrative mode to do that.)

I need to create an administrative tool to manage ALV variants among users.

Thanks

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

When an ALV view is saved, its details are saved to table WDY_CONF_USER. I have yet to find a function module or BAPI that enables programmatic update of this table though, so I don't know if that bit of info helps you.

Cheers,

Amy

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Check out Thomas Jung's answer in the discussion, .

Cheers,

Amy