cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC VAR Customer to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am configuring ITSM and very confused about RFC connection from VAR Customer to SAP.  And I have some questions about that RFC, I hope there are someone can explain to me more clearly.

1. What exactly is that RFC for?

As I understand, this RFC is used for the connection from VAR to SAP Support Portal, VAR will get all information about customers (installation number, customber number, and system description) from SAP Support Portal via this RFC connection. Am I right?

2. So, if that's true, I just need to create ONE RFC like that, for the connection from VAR (Solution Manager) to SAP. That also means I don't need to create RFCs for each customer that connect to my Solman. Am I right?

3. But when I tried to get the information of our customers and put them into table V_AIINSNRS  via job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT, I received an error "User <S-user> - System Data Maintenance authorization not found for customer <VAR customer number>" and I just get some information about installed system of VAR, not all system of all customers. So, what am I missing in the configuration or authorization? And which authorizations do the S-user need to get all information of customer?

4. As the message I received when I run REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT, I can understand that a S-user was identified in tcode AISUSER must have System Data Maintenance authorization on its system. How about another systems? How can I get the information from those system if I don't have right authorization on them? And if I need to identified each s-user for each customer number (in tcode AISUSER), and each user must have System Data Maintenance in its system, how much RFCs I need to create? It's opposite with question number 2 that I just need to create one RFC.

You can image this situation like this: you have one VAR and n customers, you must have one S-user for VAR and n S-user for n Customers, you must identify n+1 users in AISUSER, and must create n+1 RFC to SAP in tcode SM59.

Which scenario is right? Or did I misunderstand in any point?

BR,

Loc Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1. right, the RFC connection is used for downloading customer data from SAP (installations, users, systems etc.) as well as forwarding messages from your service desk to SAP (OSS).

2. exactly, in transaction DNO_CUST04 add the ONE_RFC_TO_SAP_FOR_ALL_CUST entry with value X (note 1301032). In this case you just need to set up one RFC destination for your own customer number with the corresponding logon data. The mapping of the other customers on this user is done via mapping table in trnasaction AISUSER.

3. You need to start the job with a user for whom the mapping information in AISUSER is set. You defined one S-User for communication between SAP and your organisation. This user is mapped in AISUSER, e.g.  SOLMANBATCH   <your customer number>   <communication user>.

4. The communication user should have full authorizations... but it belongs just to your organisation, for all other customers you will need at least one S-USer with appropriate authorizations that are mapped to the batch user:  SOLMANBATCH <customer number> <customer s-user>.

That's the normal doing when setting up a new customer in our solman.

First, you read the customer numbers via AI_SC_GET_SAP_CUSTOMER_NUMBERS. Next, get a s-user of the customers for support purpose. Add these users in the mapping table of AISUSER. Then, create the REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA job for the batch user defined in AISUSER and read all system data friom SAP.

Hope these information helps you further.

Regards, RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

I have one more question about S-User. I run job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT by using program AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY_DATA. After that, I check tcode SM37 for the job I have just run, and received this error in the job log:

The following error messages have been returned by SAP Support Portal

User <S-user> - System Data Maintenance authorization not found for customer <customer number 1>

User <S-user> - System Data Maintenance authorization not found for customer <customer number 2>

User <S-user> - System Data Maintenance authorization not found for customer <customer number 3>

No installations flagged for system generation for customer <customer number 1>

No installations flagged for system generation for customer <customer number 2>

No installations flagged for system generation for customer <customer number 3>

And all information about customer's systems was not downloaded from SAP Support Portal either, I just have information about my internal system.

So what is the reason? Did I miss anything in S-User authorization? I have checked in VAR document from SAP Market Place, did I miss Maintain System Data authorization?

BR,

Loc Nguyen

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto tcode SMSY_SETUP -> edit-> expert settings.

For "generate systems from OSS chose option N.

In SM30 enter V_AISAPCUSTNOS and set the "generate all" flag for all customer numbers you want to download from SAP support portal. If there are customers connected directly via SLD or RFC you can ignore the flag. In this case data is read via LANDSCAPE FETCH job.

Btw you should use V_AISAPCUSTNOS rather than V_AIINSNRS. Check the F1 help on the flag for further information.

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I had done with all changes you suggested, include the change in SMSY_SETUP. Actually, I had done it before and when I run the report, I met the problem that I mentioned above. The view V_AISAPCUSTNOS was updated before by using Generate SAP Customer Number (tcode SPRO), is it enough for a Service Desk system? Should I care about the view V_AIINSNRS?

BR,

Loc Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

And one more thing, Richard.

In transaction DNO_CUST04, I added the ONE_RFC_TO_SAP_FOR_ALL_CUST entry with value X. And in transaction SMSY_SETUP, I add the Generate Business Partner from OSS entry with value C.

As SAP said, after I run job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT, the BPs of VAR and all customers will be created. But, when I run job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT, only the BP for VAR was created, but I don't see any BP for the Customers were created. Did it caused by missing the S-user correspond with each Customer Number in tcode AISUSER? Should I identify S-Users of Customers who have Maintain System Data authorization on Customer System in tcode AISUSER? I think I should but I need to your confirm for sure.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we once had a problem with the SMSY_SETUP setting, SAP  then recommended us (in OSS message) to use option 'N' rather than 'C'. I don't know exactly what the difference is..

For creating the BPs of your customers you first need to maintain AISUSER entries as I wrote. For each of your customers you need one s-user you then assign in AISUSER to the batch user of the REFRESH ADMIN job. Ideally, these s-users have wide authotizations. We communicate to our customers to provide a s-user with administrator authorizations. So we can assist the customer in different issues beside the service desk communication such as system data and user maintenance, support package downloads or servcie connections.

The user generation afterwards is done via the AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2 report.

The difference in V_AIINSNRS and V_AISAPCUSTNOS is that the 'generate' flag in V_AISAPCUSTNOS leads to the generation of all customer systems across all of their installations. With V_AIINSNRS you can restrict the generation by installation number, e.g. if you have a customer with an installation that is supported by another organisation.

BR, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Should I run report AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2 after or before report REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT? As I understand, report REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT will get all information about customer from SAP Portal, and AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2 will generate BP for all customer, so I guess that I should run report AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2 right after running report REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT.

Am I right?

BR,

Loc Nguyen

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excatly, first you need the basic customer data before you fill it with user infromation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

When I run report AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2, SAP recommend leave field SAP Customer No empty. It means I run it report for all SAP Customer No.

About creating user, I see only one field for user name, there is no field for S-User. This point make me very confused. As I understand, correspond with each Customer No, we have one system user and one S-User (you can use one S-User for multiple System User), responsible about its customer. But I cannot find any field in this report to identify those information, just one field for User Name for all Customer. I don't get this, cannot understand how it works? How can it update AISUSER table completey and correctly? Where do it get information from?

I hope you can help me make this point clear.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

the report provides several settings.. you need to check which of them are necessary for your business.

Leaving the customer no. field empty will read all s-users with corresponding authorizations in sap portal from all of your customers into the solman. That's right, but you can also select single customers.

Regarding the creation of users. Selecting this option will create SU01 users with the same ID as the s-users in sap portal. So you do not need to create users manually.. Although the users have the same ID, the password of the s-users from sap portal are not replicated. During the creation of these users the system/report sets new initial passwords. You can also define a reference user, e.g. to assign authorizations or roles per default.

Always choose option update table AISUSER. Otherwise you need to go through all users and do it on your own.. You may create a text template that is used to inform the users about the logon data to your service desk. This notification is normally sent with a delay of 1 day.

Regarding the users in general.. of course you can have multiple system users using the same s-user. But this is not the recommend way. Doing so, you have to update the table AISUSER manually as the report does not cover this option. If there are lots of users, believe me, you will not be very happy with it. Instead, it's easier to run this report with your settings daily and get the users created automatically.

The background is, when forwarding messages to sap, a corresponding contact in sap portal is required to create the message on sap side. So, you have a 1-on-1-relationship.

One more thing, this is basic: you must understand that in this scenario the sap portal is the leading system. All information in your solman is read from it. So, every change made by your customer is replicated to your system. Also, the customer is responsible about his users. The customer needs to create the s-users with the corresponding authorizations in sap portal. You just copy them to your system. This is exactly the same as you would work directly in sap portal.

The other way would not work.. e.g. you create users in your solman that do not exist on sap side.. you cannot update the sap portal user data through you solman..

So, in the result you have several system users for each customer number with corresponding s-users on sap side. That's the deafult. If you do not want this, you cannot use the report but must create system users, business partners and the AISUSER relations on your own.

Regards

Answers (0)