SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Statistical and Real Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain in detail the Difference between Statistical and Real Document in FI-CA.

Thanks,

Kishore Jilla

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

A statistical document ( entry ) does not have any financial implication but a real document (entry ) has financial implication.Statistical postings can be referred to as mere information purpose only.

SAP has provided the option of Statistical posting as an additional functionality.As an example to enter the statistical line items of Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable as debits in Invoicing this functionality may be used. This results in real receivables that are posted with the posting date, document date, and due date of the invoice.Functionality is widely used in processes like SecurityDeposit , Write Off , etc.

Thanks

Deepesh S

0 Kudos

Deepesh, thanks for the swift reply and could you give few more examples for my understanding.

As per my understanding, whenever we do write-off the open line item, it will create another line item with statistical write-off doc. Is this is correct? If am correct then could u give few more examples on statistical and real documents.

Thanks,

-KK

0 Kudos

Deepesh one more, how can we post the statistical line item as debit in invoicing? sorry for troubling you.

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

When a debt is written-off, either automatically using FP04M (Mass Run: Write-Offs) or manually using FP04 (Write Off Items), an enhancement is required to post a statistical item for the same amount as the write off amount. This can be taken care of by using an event such as 5040 .In addition to this a function module will be created with no or minimum import / export parameters without any source code to trigger collections. A custom field should also be created in table DFKKCOLLH to update the statistical write-off document number, if the item is written off and has been sent to the mercantile agency.

Statistical postings will be used to recognise bad debt recovery without reversing the actual write-off posting. Statistical open items will act as a flag to indicate the same amount that has been written off in the account balance. This will flag that the account holds an item that has been written off.

Statistical posting will not impact the GL balance.

For Stat line posting in invoicing please check event event R515, R415, R512, R511 ,R510.

Hope this explains.

Thanks

Deepesh S

0 Kudos

Kishore:

You cannot post statistically for invoicing charges.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Deepesh for clarifying me.Keep me post if any important update on FI-CA.

Look forward to your support.

Kishore Jilla

0 Kudos

Hey Bill, thanks to you also for updating.

Kishore Jilla