Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service contract

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new in PM module....I have to create a  service contract for supplying material and  repair and maintenance of equipments.can any body guide me with step by step process of  creating contract and billing

Thanks

Vivek Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please tell me for billing as when I run vf01 system takes contract number as reference but the amount of order which I completed is not showing there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Contract---.This will be for the whole quantity--->Reference to teh Contract-->Create order--.This will be for completed quantity-->Now create billing refering the order[Completed quantity]

You should create billing reference to the order and not the contract.Please make the copy control accordingly.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi  senthil,

yes in service order I am  taking contract as reference and can you please tell me which  order type I have to take in vov8, or if I need to create a new order type for CS ,how to do that.

secondly as you said to make reference to contract as mandatory.....can we take service order as reference in billing, as see I am creating billing after completion of service order and monthly basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.In service order type mark contract as reference and create the service order.System automatically copies the contract item and quantity.Quantity can  be changed in service order item.Now create billing referring the service order.Please make sure the item category of the service order item is relavant for billing and copy control between order and billing is done for the service order type and the billing type.

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi  senthil,

while creating service order  when I am trying to  assign contract number in sales document its saying that sales document is not available....is there any setting for it in contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

While create service order are you referring the contract number and in the service order type[VOV8] make reference mandatory[Reference to the Contact] and try

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

its like we create the equipment and sell it to customer.... so now its customer equipment,now when they require spare parts we provide them and also provide maintenance and repair of machine....for this I want to know that how to create contract for service. the steps which you told....that is contract, order completion and then billing is clear but when i am doing billing system is automatically take contract no as reference  and show various amount which I don't know from where came....I just created a contract and  created a  service order with reference to contract but when I tried to do billing  it got confused....that is why I am asking that what are the fields which I should enter in contract for proper running of process and what are the configuration steps which  are to be done from SD side....and I am for PM and CS both

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is for the customer equipment.Then create a contract and assign the equipmet to the contract and create a service order and then bill.If you want to track from recording of the problem then create a notification and order process.

In contract enter the service line item and assign that item to the technical object [Extras-->Technical Object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PM or CS Module.....

Is this your own equipment or the customer equipment.If the equipment belongs to the customer then you have to create the contract for teh equioment and the same should be assigned in the notification or the maintenance order.

Let me know you requirement.