cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN POD how system knows that ship to party sent confirmation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

i have one doubt about POD

IN POD Process we maintain time frame in customer master suppose we maintained 5 days if ship to party not sends  his confirmation system wont allow to create billing in 5 days but after 5 days system will allow to create billing

here my doubt is if ship to party sends his confirmation how system knows that customer agreed

suppose in 5 days he sent confirmation to company where we enter his confirmation

pl let me know i am very thankful to you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to confirm the POD only we use the tcodes VLPOD and VLPODQ.

Once these are done and the POD is confirmed, the POD status of the item in the delivery document will become C. This means that POD is completed.

Once POD status is C, invoice creation will be allowed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The main control lies in the copy controls from delivery to invoice. Before copying the data from the preceeding document to subsequent document the system first has to satisfy the copying requirements. The system checks against the logic placed in the copying routine. Check the routine 003(Header/Dlv-related) in the copying controls between LF and F2 (T.Code: VTFL). Here system looks for whether the customer is relevant for POD r not if it is what is the POD status of that item against that delivery document. As navaneetha said to confirm the POD through the T.Codes : VLPOD and VLPODQ. Hope this explaination brings you clear idea regarding how system reactts in case of POD.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Himavanth is right ,the control vests with Routine 003 ,

if you wish you do not want this control you can ask the ABAPER to comment the coding related to POD,this allows the user to create Billing immediatly after Delivery as some of our Clients are following the Procedure.

Later on when they get message from customer they will confirm the POD for Deliveries  which is only for Reporting purpose.

Sivavasireddy