cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you downloaded the SAP Learn Now - mobile learning app on your iPad?

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you know SAP has released the SAP Learn Now mobile learning app for iPad (2 or newer). Have you already seen it?

See some more info on SAP Learn Now sub-community: http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/learn-now

As for now there are 2 courses available in mobile format:

• SAP01m - SAP Overview
  • MOB01m - SAP Mobility Fundamentals and Best Practices

but we are planning to have many new mobile courses in 2013.

What courses would you like to see in mobile format soon?

Thanks,

Greg (Global Education Portfolio Manager in SAP Education)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to install the app on my first generation iPad and I get an error saying that I require a front facing camera to install the application.  Is this right - surely the courses don't rely on you using a camera do they?

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

unfortunatelly this version of the app doesn't support iPad 1 (only iPad 2 or newer).

I am sorry for this.

Greg

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Greg.

I've had a few apps indicate that they aren't compatible with the version of iOS on the iPad (the first gen can't run the latest OS).  I'm a little surprised that the app is flagging the camera as the incompatibility.  I would have imagined that the SAP Learn Now app could potentially be making use of features and function calls in a newer OS, but the camera message suggests it is failing at least some sort of hardware compatibility check (if not a check for the camera).  Curious - I may have to dust off my iOS developers handbook and see if I can find out what sorts of checks are done at the App Store level.

If only I could use it as an excuse to upgrade my iPad. C'est la vie

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Greg.

I've had a few apps indicate that they aren't compatible with the version of iOS on the iPad (the first gen can't run the latest OS).  I'm a little surprised that the app is flagging the camera as the incompatibility.  I would have imagined that the SAP Learn Now app could potentially be making use of features and function calls in a newer OS, but the camera message suggests it is failing at least some sort of hardware compatibility check (if not a check for the camera).  Curious - I may have to dust off my iOS developers handbook and see if I can find out what sorts of checks are done at the App Store level.

If only I could use it as an excuse to upgrade my iPad. C'est la vie

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

sorry for the troubles. I think the error is just the check if you use iPad 1.

Do you have any recomendations what kind of courses should be available in mobile format?

Thanks.

Greg

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg.

Not in particular.  I think actually introductory modules would just be a good starting point.

Stephen.

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Actually the idea is to start with some introductory courses in different areas followed by level 2 business process trainings in the most popular areas.

Do you personally have any special wishes?

What training would you like to have offline all the time with you on your iPad? - I am just curious.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terpe...

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

All the pieces of TERP10 (TERPE) are on top of our roadmap list.

Thanks,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR050 and HR305

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Egemen,

We definitelly have HR050 on our roadmap list.

Thanks, Greg