cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variations in price at depot excise behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please see the below scenario I need your views on the same that how it could be configured in SAP system.

We have a factory to depot scenario and we deal in copper trading for which price keeps on changing as per market scenario. We treat this product as finished goods.

Scenario 1:

Factory to Depot

Base price     : 10000

BED @12%   :  1200

ECS @2%     :    240

HCESS @1%:    120

Depot to Customer (Price reduced at the time of sale to the customer from Depot)

Base price     : 5000

BED @12%   :   600

ECS @2%     :   120

HCESS @1%:     60

Scenario 2:

Factory to Depot

Base price     : 10000

BED @12%   :  1200

ECS @2%     :    240

HCESS @1%:    120

Depot to Customer (Price reduced at the time of sale to the customer from Depot)

Base price     : 15000

BED @12%   :  1800

ECS @2%     :     36

HCESS @1%:     18

Please let me know how excise part will be handled in both the above scenarios and how RG23D will be maintained.

Thanks in advance and happy new year,

Vikrant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For price increase in Depot, refer this thread

But for price reduction, SAP has not addressed this for depots, if I am correct.  Long time back (five years back), I was handling one client where they had a similar scenario.  In case of reduction, what the client do was they raise return STO, return stock transfer invoice. Parent plant  do MIGO without capturing excise, inward materials back into unrestricted storage locations , then capture excise separately thro J1IEX_C and J1IEX_P ( Capture and post excise manually). Determination is done thro RG23A.   All these things will be done without actual movement of matls physically.  Better you raise OSS note and check with SAP whether they have some latest note to cater this requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to Internationalization and Unicode which relates to CIN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

In the first seneario the duties will be charged at depot with respect to excise invoice from the factory.

In the second suppose price is increased when stock reaches at depot we have an option in sap to rise 'A' certificate(In the T.Code: J1IGA) where you manually enter the values for increased price and the duties for the same excise invoice and the material. Also we have report in sap to display all the 'A' certificates at depot(T.Code: J1IGAD). Also correct the sentence which you have given in second seneario(it is price increased at the time of sale to customer from depot not reduced).

The entries in RG23D register will be divided in to two i.e J1IG and J1IJ(only it captures quantites and duties).

Regards,

S.Himavanth.